We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food @ Mana Island

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Food @ Mana Island

My daughter is Type 1 diabetic, and I tend to take additional food with us, just in case there are issues at our holiday destination. I understand you can take some packaged food in to Fiji, which is great, I'm assuming that can also include the long-life custard? Obviously, these need to be declared. Can anyone tell me whether there is a convenience shop on the island, that may sell some grocery items as well?

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 26
1. Re: Food @ Mana Island

Hi Sharyn T, yes there is a convenience store on Mana Island, it sells such things as iceblocks, biscuits, chips, chocolate etc - not sure if this is what you are after?

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
reviews: 20
2. Re: Food @ Mana Island

The shop on Mana Island only sells vey basic grocery items, milk biscuits etc. You should take the appropriate items from home or buy them at the supermarkets in Nadi.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
reviews: 9
3. Re: Food @ Mana Island

In addition to taking food items with you, would contact the resort via their website regarding your daughters dietary requirements. Don't forget to follow up on arrival with the resort. Also ask for sample menus. Has been our experience, resorts we stayed at were happy to supply them via e-mail before arriving at our resorts.

The following has information on food items you can take/not take into Fiji.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k6625…

Edited: 7:02 pm, November 17, 2013
Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
reviews: 29
4. Re: Food @ Mana Island

On arrival at Mana Island, an appropriate form can be completed outlining your daughter's dietary requirements. This will be given to the Chefs. If you want Mana's latest menus please PM me with your email address.

Auckland Region...
reviews: 68
5. Re: Food @ Mana Island

You should take your own food from home, or at a stretch buy from the small supermarket at Port Denerau. Don't wait to buy on Mana Island, the shop is very limited and has 'resort prices'.

Make sure you get any info from the resort in writing from them and take a print out with you, don't rely on verbal information. We had several problems - you can read my review here and specifically the bit about breakfast:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Reply to: Food @ Mana Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Denarau Island