We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bio Bay Comparison

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville...
Bio Bay Comparison

We are planning to spend the first week of April mainly in eastern PR. Visiting a bio bay is a must-do for our family. Is Laguna Grande a good choice? I gather that Vieques is the best, but the logistics of getting there and spending a night away from our week-long rented condo and car seems like a lot of moving parts. Which is the better tour, taking a boat or kayaking? I've read that that the kayak tour can be a hassle with other boaters running into you and not being able to hear the guide.

Thanks for any advice.

2 replies to this topic
San Juan, Puerto...
reviews: 115
1. Re: Bio Bay Comparison

Vieques is the best bc less people go there. The one in Fajardo is great, so it is not like you are compromising.

When there are a lot of people in the water the kayaks run into each other when you are going through the mangroves. You do not need to hear your guide, he is not giving any explanations. You just keep moving forward. The boat is just as good, it all depends what type of experience you want. I never kayaked beforemy biobay trip and it wasn't very difficult.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
2. Re: Bio Bay Comparison

If you want to go to Vieques, East Island Excursions runs a trip from Fajardo to Vieques and back to Fajardo in the same night.

Reply to: Bio Bay Comparison
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted