We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Conquistador special rate?

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 31
El Conquistador special rate?

Hello,

I'm planning our honeymoon to PR I like the idea of El Conquistador because of the private island & water park.

Their published rates are quite high, does anyone know whether gettng a nightly rate of $200 (or less!) is possible?

We would be travelling in Feb 2014 so have plently of time to be on the lookout.

I have also signed up to their contact list.

Many thanks!

Armonk, New York
reviews: 78
1. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

I have often seen discounted rates there, but remember February is peak season so it may be more difficult then. Discounts are usually made via special web sites like Hotels.com or Priceline.com a few weeks or a month or so before the date of the stay when and if they have excess rooms. During our summer June-August, I have heard deals advertised in PR for ~$125 per night for local getaways. Perhaps move the wedding date?

usa
reviews: 9
2. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

The occupancy rate for Puerto Rico hotels has been very high this past year and El Conquistador is a popular resort on the island. As February is in peak season, it may be difficult to get a cheap rate or at least one with premium rooms. Try the following website. It has a reasonable rate which includes airfare and taxes:

cheapcaribbean.com/deals/…291.html

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 27
3. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

They do published sometimes, but locals gets the better rate, and so, as prxplorer noted, the place is quite popular for locals.

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

I won't be able to change the wedding date - we are postponing the honeymoon to coincinde with my birthday.

Sydney, Australia
5. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

Although I won't need airfares, it looks as if you can book for hotels only. Well keep an eye out!

Atlanta, GA
6. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

Mid-December through end of April is high season. It will be difficult to find a deal for that time frame. If you can go in the Fall, rates are great. Last September, October, November, there was an offer in the website for something like $179/night for anyone.

Sydney, Australia
7. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

The dates are set unfortunately - i may have to try priceline a few months beforehand.

Bloomington, Indiana
reviews: 125
8. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

You may also check Hotwire. We booked a five star property on their site for March and got the Las Casitas for under $200.

Atlanta, Georgia
9. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

How did you bet to get that rate? Hotwire most likely will search other resorts, so what are the chances to get Las Casitas. For $200, you got a good deal.

San Juan, Puerto...
reviews: 134
10. Re: El Conquistador special rate?

@Nic C, if you are coming this far for your honeymoon, I recommend you check out Vieques and Culebra. Spend one day in Old San Juan when you first arrive.