We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities as back up if we cannot get into Culebra

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, CA
Activities as back up if we cannot get into Culebra

We are planning to head to Culebra Island on July 7 (Sat), I read a lot of articles saying that it's not easy to get the ferry ticket. I am afraid we cannot get the ferry ticket that day,so I am just curious if we cannot get to the island that day. What other attractions or activities that we can do that day. We will go the El Yunque and Liquillo Beach on July 6 (Friday), so we want some other things to do as back up. Thank you for the advices. Hopefully we can get to the Culebra as first priority.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
1. Re: Activities as back up if we cannot get into Culebra

Have a backup plan to get onto the ferry to Vieques and go to Sun Bay instead.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
reviews: 34
2. Re: Activities as back up if we cannot get into Culebra

or just plan on Vieques from the start.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Activities as back up if we cannot get into Culebra

This happened to us last time we were in Puerto Rico. We drove over to El Conquistador and booked a snorkel excursion. They were able to take us that day, and we had a great time.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 27
4. Re: Activities as back up if we cannot get into Culebra

It's much easier to get to Vieques than Culebra. To add Ray's suggestion, Red Beach is another option. Publicos can take you there for $5 and $3 (one way) for Sun Bay pp. I would go to both, start with Red Beach, then Sun Bay, that's a total of $13 on Vieques transportation pp for both. I would try to get on Friday morning than Saturday as Frankie suggested. Be there at least at 7 am. Some will get there at 6:30 am or earlier for Culebra's 9 am boat.

Another option is taking a boat trip to Icacos, but it cost more.

Edited: 9:57 pm, June 22, 2012
San Jose, CA
5. Re: Activities as back up if we cannot get into Culebra

Thank you for all the replies, we just decided to take the plane to Culebra.

6. Re: Activities as back up if we cannot get into Culebra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:46 pm, June 27, 2013