We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
California, US
Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

We, a group of 6 people, will arrive Gravdal in June on a cruise ship for a day and we would like to tour the Lofoten islands. Are there any private tour company in that area we can use? Or a taxi company who is willing to do like 4 to 5 hours of taxi tour? Because we arrive on a ship, they need to pick us up from the pier.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

18 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 34
1. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

There is a taxi company, they charge NOK 900 per hour.

http://www.leknestaxi.no/4.html

California, US
2. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

That's the exact same taxi company I emailed and they never reply. Do you know of others?

Thanks so much!

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
reviews: 103
3. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

Having a taxi for 4-5 hours is expensive in Norway! Are you arriving on a cruise ship? If so, it may be best for this port to join one of the tours offered by the cruise line.

If it is important for you to arrange the taxi option I would consider giving them a call during office hours Norway time. The cost of an overseas call is small compared to the overall taxi cost.

California, US
4. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

Thank you, Pippi2 for your advice.

One more question: Our cruise ship will dock at Gravdal. But when I look at the map of Lofoten islands, I can't find Gravdal at all. Am I missing something? Is Gravdal far from the islands, especially Leknes?

Thanks again for your reply.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
5. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

Please see map for Gravdal location

http://g.co/maps/qaf9w

As stated above, the cost for a taxi is NOK 900 or approximately USD 140 per hour.

Leknes airport is listing three different taxi companies.

www.avinor.no/en/airport/leknes/tofromairport

Piedmont,CA
reviews: 1
6. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

Hi there! I believe I might be on the same cruise as you (Crown Princess leaving London on June 29?) we will be in Gravdal on July 3rd and were also interested in a private taxi tour but is very expensive for just 2. would love to join another group and pay our share for the cost or do you know of a good car rental company?

valerie

Charmouth, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

The original post is over a year old now. I suggest you talk to other people on the cruise to find someone to share the cost, then call the taxi company when you are in Norwegian waters to arrange it.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
8. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

Maybe CruiseCritic would be a better forum to find fellow passengers.

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

Trondheim, Norway
reviews: 79
9. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

You'll find a few car rentals, which I absolutely recommend. The bus is reliable, but with very few departures every day. Taxis are very expensive. Check out Avis (www.avis.no/Bilutleie/Europa/Norge/Leknes) or Hertz (https://www.hertz.no/rentacar/reservation/home search for Leknes), or the cheapest option, Lofoten Car Rental (http://www.lofotenleiebil.no/page/15560/). For shorter distances (in the summer), biking is nice.

Tromso, Norway
reviews: 8
10. Re: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands

What I have heard, at least the taxi company in Svolvær, works as the main guide / sightseeing company in Lofoten.

So, that means they probably have ok prices for guided tours, at least if you are a small group.

Maybe they also run this service in all locations of Lofoten when a cruise ship arrives...

Reply to: Looking for private tour or taxi tour in Lofoten islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted