We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot water and diving

Which Big Corn Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fresno, California
reviews: 26
Hot water and diving

Where can we stay that has hot water showers?

Who do you recommend for diving? We are advanced divers. We are pretty picky about out diving...is Big Corn a good diving spot? We have dove the Great Barrier Reef, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Grand Cayman and found them to be great. We were entirely unimpressed by Oahu and Cancun. What can we expect from Big Corn. Also, diving in April what should we expect for water temperature. Do you dive in a 3mm shorty or something warmer? Husband is hoping to get by with just his lavacore long sleeve top and board shorts. How is the rental equipment? We will bring our own mask snorkel and regs, but do not want to pack our fins.Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
1. Re: Hot water and diving

Many divers have told me the Corn Islands compare to any of the best dive spots in the world. Although the reef area is smaller than say Caulker caye area, the density of coral and marine life is truly breathtaking. I have never been anywhere besides Nicaragua though so all I can do is pass along what others have told me when comparing to other places.

As far as diving equipment goes, I am actually in the process of getting together a guide company and my partner (who will be tagging along on the tours as partial guide and translator) says we are all set up to do dives, snorkeling and fishing off the corn islands through a couple local friends of his. I have not yet seen pictures of the equipment but judging from what I know about the families, I'm sure it's good. These guys know what they are doing.

You can check us out a little at our (unfinished) website www.expeditionnicaragua.com, we should have fresh pictures from the Corn Islands, including dive and fishing pictures within the next few days.

In regards to your specific questions about equipment, my partner is really the one to talk to about that one. We have a call scheduled for tomorrow so I will ask him.

Portland, Oregon
2. Re: Hot water and diving

Many divers have told me the Corn Islands compare to any of the best dive spots in the world. Although the reef area is smaller than say Caulker caye area, the density of coral and marine life is truly breathtaking. I have never been anywhere besides Nicaragua though so all I can do is pass along what others have told me when comparing to other places.

As far as diving equipment goes, I am actually in the process of getting together a guide company and my partner (who will be tagging along on the tours as partial guide and translator) says we are all set up to do dives, snorkeling and fishing off the corn islands through a couple local friends of his. I have not yet seen pictures of the equipment but judging from what I know about the families, I'm sure it's good. These guys know what they are doing.

You can check us out a little at our (unfinished) website http://www.expeditionnicaragua.com/ we should have fresh pictures from the Corn Islands, including dive and fishing pictures within the next few days.

In regards to your specific questions about equipment, my partner is really the one to talk to about that one. We have a call scheduled for tomorrow so I will ask him.

www.expeditionnicaragua.com

www.buildinnicaragua.com

Portland, Oregon
3. Re: Hot water and diving

Just got done speaking with my business partner and here is the info: for little corn island, we will (generally) be working with Dolphin Dive who are PADI certified. Their reviews are here on trip advisor. For Big Corn Island, he has been talking with Saki Cuthbert who owns top-notch equipment and a nice boat big enough for large groups. He has equipment for both diving and fishing. This is just a side project for him, though. His main business is shipping so he is often off the Island. Advance notice would be needed and there is no guarantee he would be available.

We would love to offer you guide service and to help you with transportation etc. but If you are just wanting to work straight through the dive shop on Little Corn Island, you can do a search here on trip advisor for Dolphin Dive to read the reviews and their website is http://www.dolphindivelittlecorn.com/

If you are interested in diving with us on Big Corn Island, just let me know the dates you will be there and I will check on availability.

Hope this helps a little

Colin

www.expeditionnicaragua.com

www.buildinnicaragua.com

Portland, Oregon
4. Re: Hot water and diving

Here is a Dolphin Dive youtube video

http://youtu.be/U5UEHngeHho

5. Re: Hot water and diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Big Corn Island