We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry on bags with La Costena

Which Big Corn Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Langley City, Canada
reviews: 46
Carry on bags with La Costena

My boyfriend and I always travel with about a gym sized bag each (less than 15 pounds) since we really like to keep our luggage with us. Does anyone know if these are permitted (they would fit under the seat on a normal airplane) as carry on with La Costena? If they do need to be checked, are the chances pretty good since it is small luggage that it would at least be on the same plane as us?

San Jose, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: Carry on bags with La Costena

Here's my experience back last month. I had a small suitcase that went as checked luggage. It weighed 25 lbs. I also had a small duffel bag and my purse. On the flight to Big Corn (this is a 12 seat Cessna Caravan) I was allowed to bring that duffel with me. I placed it at my feet (there is no "under the seat or bin above" in these small planes), along with my purse. It was quite uncomfortable for the 1.5 hour flight. On the flight back to MGA I was asked to put that duffel at the back of the plane inside the cabin.

What they require you to do may depend on the total weight of the plane and its passengers. They do weigh you and all your carry-on on the same scale they weigh the checked luggage.

Managua, Nicaragua
reviews: 14
2. Re: Carry on bags with La Costena

had to laugh remembering my one flight to Corn Island. I was with a friend who is a big guy and they took a look at him and had him sit up in the front basically in the co-pilot's seat...if he was in the back I was imagining the plane's nose pointing up in the air the whole flight hahaha...have a good flight J9ie!

Langley City, Canada
reviews: 46
3. Re: Carry on bags with La Costena

lol that is funny!

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
4. Re: Carry on bags with La Costena

I fly those Cessnas all the time in Belize. It's one of the few times I've been glad to be a bit overweight. They always stick the skinny people in the back seat, which doesn't have much of a view.

5. Re: Carry on bags with La Costena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Big Corn Island