We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellavista or Ike's Place?

Which Big Corn Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
reviews: 31
Bellavista or Ike's Place?

Both seem appealing and I cannot decide. I want to see the ocean, and walk outside and snorkel in relatively clean (no boat oil) water. Plus i don't want to have to taxi everywhere. Which is best for this?

Corn Island
reviews: 2
1. Re: Bellavista or Ike's Place?

It depends or your budget and what you want really. SNorkelling can be done off the beach at some hotels. \But the best snorkelling is at Yellow Tail guest house. Also check www.hotelscornisland.com

Cheers!

Shallotte
reviews: 5
2. Re: Bellavista or Ike's Place?

We just left there today. We stayed at Hotel Morgan, in walking distance of Ikes and also within walking distance of the yellow tail opertion mentioned earlier. The operator of the yellow tail, Mr. Dorsey Campbell, asked $20 a peron (we were a group of 4) but accepted $10 each for a long afternoon of snorkeling. His process idoes not use a boat but folks walk and swim to the snorkel area.

For whatever it is worth, the Hotel Morgan is a complex of older buildings which are a touch spartan with old, very modest furnishings, but it was very clean. I paid $25 each night rent. Other places have much lower food rates, notably Sevas down thwe street away from the municipal wharf.

Finally, we took the boat to the island, a truly horrible trip. FLY BOTH WAYS.

Luck

Eugene22

Note that at this moment, the whole island is mostly emty of tourists.

Note that the flat rate for taxi service now is 15 cordobas per person per trip.

3. Re: Bellavista or Ike's Place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, February 07, 2014