We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laoag advice given

Which Laoag hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 36
Laoag advice given

If you are planning to visit Laoag City and seeking suggestions, places to visit, hotels, restaurants, night life etc.... Please ask away as ill be delighted to assist you = Free with no meaning (British)

19 replies to this topic
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
1. Re: Laoag advice given

This is a little bit outside the territory of Laoag, but I just want to ask if the restaurant adjacent to Paoay Church is still there. I love their pinakbet pizza, the best pizza in the North.

London
2. Re: Laoag advice given

Yes the pizza bar is still there claiming Italian authentic food, I will reserve my judgement on that place!!!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
3. Re: Laoag advice given

I am not interested in their other pizzas as I can get excellent pizzas here in Manila. I just love their pinakbet pizza because no restaurants has it here in Manila... I hope I'm mistaken.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 5
4. Re: Laoag advice given

how long and how much the trip cost via bus? Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,131
5. Re: Laoag advice given

Michael666, when you have spare time, could you please add some more formal reviews for any Laoag tourist attractions, restaurants or accommodation that you have patronised in the past year? You've already reviewed one restaurant, but more reviews would be great.

If you don't wish to go through the rigmarole of requesting listings for establishments that are not yet on the TA database, please send me a TA private message with the details: I will research these establishments and endeavour to have TA add them.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 591
6. Re: Laoag advice given

Michael or Verth or the other identity you used and was already removed by Tripadvisor.... Bad pizzas like El Nido???

Your credibility is really questionable!!!

Tommo

London
7. Re: Laoag advice given

Hi Victorianland

I see your from Oz so as you probably know here in Philippines if foreign or oversea Filipino they will try and rip you off at every opportunity, but I have found Ilocos Norte people more friendly and accommodating to other places.

I would suggest you either take a 50 minute flight from Manila or the night sleeper bus which is operated by Florida at Php800. It take about 9 hours by bus but at least you get a bed that is OK.

Once in Laoag, I would suggest 2-3 nights and a good quality hotel is Pamulinawen Hotel, I would say it is 4 star standard and you would pay Php1500-1800 per room.

In Laoag you would visit Lalacanamga of the North which identifies good Marcos History, then a quick visit to Paoay Lake and church then heading to Batac Marcus Museum (1day).

Have a look round Fort Ilocandia either day or evening. It is huge but getting dates but has history. You should visit Vigan one day as this is an interesting Spanish influence town, about 2-3 hour drive from Laoag.

Whilst in Laoag grab your traditional Local food at Rafael's Restaurant, great tasting and cheap n authentic n clean. Everyone knows that place and you won't be disappointed.

In the evening in Laoag, hit the Cock House which has a live band and food, also Bistro 365 and Night Life, all have great banks, beers at Php50 each and open till 230am.

Head off to Pagudpud for a couple of days, I prefer Saud Beach location rather than Hanna's which offers terrible service but worth a day visit. At Pagudpud if you want cheap but clean and honest authentic cooking then book Milnards but it is no frills so if posh this not the one. A beach hotel is Apo Adon and is OK but run by children so don't rely on food service. Laoag to Pagudpud is about 90 mins drive. A friendly safe sleepy town that one day will be a busy location but still undeveloped and customer service is slow but they don't take too much advantage out of tourists.

Anything else then give me a shout.

London
8. Re: Laoag advice given

Tommo

Lets move on from the El Nido comments, I hated the place and you loved it. Each to our own. It is OK for the same household or friend to have own trip advisor accounts and views.

Take care and keep up the El Nido loving as the place needs lots of TLC, in my opinion

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 591
9. Re: Laoag advice given

Then I'm not sure why TA closed one of your 3 multiple identity accounts and your several self promotional posts....Error?

Tommo

London
10. Re: Laoag advice given

Dear Tomm

We will have to agree to disagree about El Nido, lets move on now and I'm sorry if I offended in anyway but it just my opinion. Take care and Happy Independance day

Reply to: Laoag advice given
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted