We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laoag-Vigan-Baguio Travel Guide

Which Laoag hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lipa City...
Laoag-Vigan-Baguio Travel Guide

Help!

We are planning for a road trip going to Laoag and will stay there for a night.then ,will proceed to Baguio.We will be using a diesel engine van KIA carnival.Could somebody help me with the road directions and itinerary?I'm also curious about how many liters of diesel to spend for the whole trip.

2 replies to this topic
Manila
reviews: 44
1. Re: Laoag-Vigan-Baguio Travel Guide

I am not familiar with the mileage of Kia carnival.

Urvan, grandia, starex, and most of minivan usually consume same amount of fuel. Manila to Laoag... minimum 530kms. With provincial trip, those vehicle can go 10 to 13kms per liter... depend on engines condition. Let say 12kms/liter...

12/500 = 44.17liters x 46diesel = P2,031 of fuel one way.

prepare P5000 worth of fuel for the whole trip.

Make your way to the north luzon expressway.

After paying your toll at Dau, a couple of kilometers more is where you enter SCTEX to avoid mabalacat/ capas traffic. Careful not to take subic route.

At the end of the SCTEX make a right turn going to tarlac city.

About 9kms... look for matatalaib rd.! Landmark: petron gas station at the corner of a "Y" road. Take/ make the right turn to avoid city's traffic.

Next traffic to avoid is in san fernado, la union.

As you pass by Ilocos Training and Regional Madical Center hospital, look out for the san fernando by-pass road. it's about 500meters away from the hospital. you will reach the san juan high way portion.

Then, 8hours more to go!

I strongly suggest you leave manila around 11pm to avoid city traffic and you don't have to take the alternative/by-road mentioned earlier.

Laoag to Baguio: Take the Naguillian road at Bauang, La Union going to baguio.

Coron, Philippines
reviews: 30
2. Re: Laoag-Vigan-Baguio Travel Guide

Hi MaffenRamz.

How was the Vigan-Baguio road condition? Just wondering because I am planning to traverse this road soon.

Tnx

Edited: 8:18 am, October 05, 2012
Reply to: Laoag-Vigan-Baguio Travel Guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted