We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any one way car rentals in Laoag?

Which Laoag hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 3
Any one way car rentals in Laoag?

We're spending a few days in the Philippines and want to hit Manila, Angeles City, Baguio City, Santa Maria, Vigan City, and Paoay. We fly into Manila and I was thinking about getting a flight to Laoag and driving back down. Does anyone know of any 1-way rental agencies in Laoag.

14 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 66
11. Re: Any one way car rentals in Laoag?

Car rentals in the Philippines are general cars for hire that come with the driver. I've not come across self-drive car rentals, although there could be, just don't know of or have experienced.

My suggestion is from Manila, fly directly to Laoag. Base yourself there get a car for hire per location (suggestions have been made) e.g. Laoag/Vigan. Drive from Laoag, north-west on the north coast up to Claveria - it is a very scenic route. Along the way you will hit, Burgos (Cape Boreador lighthouse, dragon fruit farm), Bangui wind farm, Pagudpud (Saud Beach, Maira-ira beach, Patapat bridge), cross over to Cagayan (Cordillera mountains go right down to the sea), you get to see Santa Praxedes (from the bridge, in a narrow mountain valley), Lagoon at Taggat Norte in Claveria.

Then from Laoag you can drive down to Vigan, Santa Maria. Take the bus to Baguio (5 hours). In Baguio, rent a cab there for the city. From Baguio, take the bus to Angeles city, from Angeles city, take the bus to Manila. In Manila, rent another car for hire. Hope that helps.

clare,ireland
12. Re: Any one way car rentals in Laoag?

ja -which post are you replying to?

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 66
13. Re: Any one way car rentals in Laoag?

Sorry folks...I was replying to the original poster but that was ages ago. My bad!

@Claire...thanks for waking me up.

Edited: 5:18 pm, February 03, 2013
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
14. Re: Any one way car rentals in Laoag?

@ JABuenafe: Your post will not be in vain as your personal experience could be very useful for someone who will Google for this same concern.

Reply to: Any one way car rentals in Laoag?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted