We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 - 2 hr tubing possible

Which Vang Vieng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mandurah, WA
reviews: 9
1 - 2 hr tubing possible

We are family with kids looking to have a go at tubing when in VV. I've read that the standard tubing "course" is about 4km and from the starting point takes best part of half a day depending on river flow.

We're only in VV overnight so time is short but the kids really want to have a go at tubing so I was thinking of just doing half the course. Is it possible to get the tube hire companies to just drop us part way towards the starting point?

Leeds
reviews: 13
1. Re: 1 - 2 hr tubing possible

Hi it is about 3km and everyone gets dropped in the same place - they might be able to drop you closer but they speak little English!

We did the tubing on the 15th of feb and it took us 3 hours (including stopping at a bar for drinks)

One bit of advice - don't take any valuables! We hired a dry bag from the tube rental place and it failed on us and one of our cameras got ruined!

Good luck and have fun!

Wollongong...
reviews: 28
2. Re: 1 - 2 hr tubing possible

Hi, we did it on the 15th as well, as with the rest of Laos it's impossible to rush anything, except maybe the minivan drivers. I doubt if they would drop you anywhere else, like the other post said, English isn't widely spoken, bits and pieces only by most. You could kayak if you wanted to do the course quicker but it's not the same. Have a great day, try and get to the blue lagoon if time allows

3. Re: 1 - 2 hr tubing possible

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 19, 2014