We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi costs

Which Bel Ombre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
reviews: 11
Taxi costs

Hi

still on my countdown to takeoff, and just thought of another question....

If I wanted to get a taxi from Tamassa to Blue Bay, about how much would it cost?

Also, about how much to get from the Tamassa to Belle Mare?

I've seen Belle Mare has better snorkelling than Blue Bay?

Thanks for the info

Huw

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 41
1. Re: Taxi costs

Hi Huw,

I have no idea as we always have access to a car but Tamassa to Blue Bay is not far but to Belle Mare its over an hour and half drive at least so that would be quite a bit.

I think you were considering car hire and honestly I think thats the way to go if even for a few days. That way you can plan what you want to see and do it at your own pace. Plus its cheaper.

You could look at www.taxismauritius.com

They do half day and day trips.

I think Blue Bay is good for snorkelling as its in a national marine park, though yes Belle Mare is good.

Regards

Bronia :)

Devon, UK
reviews: 13
2. Re: Taxi costs

Would def recommend your own car hire as cheaper and you can go where and when you want and it is not difficult driving in Mauritius.

Swansea, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Taxi costs

Thanks people

I was trying to avoid the inevitable and drive, but if you think it is the only real option, then I'll have to go for it. Is it more chaotic than the Caribbean for driving?

Thanks

Huw

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
4. Re: Taxi costs

Huw,

Its about the same as Barbados though maybe the towns are busier. Go for it, you will be OK!

Regards

reviews: 15
5. Re: Taxi costs

Hey all

I'm thinking about driving there to I'm going in Sep but just thinking will it be too stressful getting around and finding places ? Dont want stress on your honeymoon

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
6. Re: Taxi costs

Coastal and beach roads are pretty much stress free with negligible traffic. Avoid Port Louis between 2.pm and 6.30pm as its one big traffic jam and to a lesser extent the residential towns of Quatre Bornes and Rosehill. Speed limits are enforced on the motorways with speed cameras and also traffic police are higly visible. Carry your driving license on you at all times. Signposting is OK. With a decent map and some planning you will be fine.

You get good and bad drivers as you do anywhere in the world.

Try it!

7. Re: Taxi costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:33 am, January 22, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bel Ombre