We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamassa

Which Bel Ombre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
reviews: 1
Tamassa

We're staying at the Tamassa next month and I wondered what currency we need to take - euros? dollars? rupees? or all three!

Any advice would be welcomed.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 37
1. Re: Tamassa

Change money at the airport in Mauritius. I am aware that some hotels charge in euros, giving the excuse that the rupee was devalued against major currencies, but that excuse to make money out of tourists doesnt wash anymore given that the rupee has revalued considerable in the past 18 months. I insist on paying in MR which is after all the local currency. You definitely dont need dollars. Given the low rate of sterling I would stick with rupees, changing at arrivals, commision free. You get a better rate in Mauritius than here. To give an idea on how the rupee has gained on the foreign currency markets look at one of the major financial instituions: www.shibanifinance.com They offer exchange facilities.

Regards

Bronia :)

2. Re: Tamassa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, October 13, 2009