We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tioga Pass

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
long island
reviews: 25
Tioga Pass

We will be going through the pass around October 21.Will i need chains at that time

California
reviews: 12
1. Re: Tioga Pass

Not likely. They close tioga pass when it starts snowing like that. Doesn't really close in October often but it's been known to happen. I would have a plan B in case the weather that's currently crazy hot, turns cold and snowy but I bet you'll be fine with Plan A.

Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Tioga Pass

Tioga Pass was closed this morning due to snow. Yes- it is getting to be that time of the year. Hwy 108 Sonora Pass is still closed at this time and has been closed now for more than 24 hours due to snow.

Tioga Pass is open now.

They will close Tioga Pass before they require chains. I can never remember anytime when chain controls were in effect on Tioga Pass , but it could have happened.

We are expecting some warmer weather moving in, so the snow will most likely melt and be gone shortly.

3. Re: Tioga Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 15, 2013