We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Question for MacJac And others

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 8
New Question for MacJac And others

Have booked five nights in Yosemite and two nights at John Muir Lodge in Sequoia. How long would it take to get from the lodge in Sequoia to Pescadero near San Francisco? I was going to fly east from Fresno but I still have four days to kill and want to get to the ocean. Is this taking on too much?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 556
1. Re: New Question for MacJac And others

Its about 225-250 miles depending on where you're starting from.

As such about 4-5 hours. With 4 days to kill, you'll have no problems enjoying the Ocena for 4 days. I think the 5 nights in Yosemite, 2 nights in Sequoia, and the remaining by the ocean sounds perfect.

Where are you planning to stay in Pescadero and what are you planning to do in the 4 days (we spend a couple of hours at Pescadero a nd then move on....so just wondering.) In short, you'll have time....

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 26
2. Re: New Question for MacJac And others

Pescadero is a little bit out of the way... I could give you better estimates if we were talking about Monterey or Santa Cruz. Plus, I don't know much about Sequoia, so hopefully Hotel Charlotte can help here.

I do know that Yosemite is closer than Sequoia, if you can switch your itinerary. And I know it's about 4 hours from Yosemite to either SF or Monterey. Maybe 5 hours to Pescadero? I know it also takes me about 3+hours to get to Fresno from Oakland, and I think Fresno is about 1- 1 1/2 hours from Sequoia. So let's call it at least a 5 hour drive, until someone more experienced can give you a better answer!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 26
3. Re: New Question for MacJac And others

Wow- thanks mini- we posted at the same time! Mini's driven everywhere in CA, so I'd trust that advice!

New Jersey
4. Re: New Question for MacJac And others

I don't know where to stay by Pescadero. Any suggestions on places to stay and things to do?

California
reviews: 12
5. Re: New Question for MacJac And others

From John Muir Lodge to Pescadero it's at least 5 hours. If you run into traffic it will be a bit longer. This is driving up 99 and getting to 580 then 880 to 92 over the San Mateo Bridge to Highway 1 into Pescadero.

I don't know your price range but there's the Pescadero Creek Inn that you may find nice. Here's a link:

http://www.pescaderocreekinn.com/index.htm

Check out the discounts page. You can get 10% off for being AAA.

New Jersey
6. Re: New Question for MacJac And others

How many days would it take to hit the high points of San Francisco? I'm thinking four. We will have our 13 yr old son who's mainly interested in Alcatraz. Art museums are not on the agenda. If I stay near the airport, is it complicated to take public transit into the city?

Saint Germain...
reviews: 76
7. Re: New Question for MacJac And others

Mami, you might post your question in the SF Forum, they have a very active and accurate group. I love the bay area and would look to staying near pier 39, alcartaz takeoff points as it is lively, pretty and always interesting. The airport is, well, an airport...

Have a wonderful trip.