We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stoneman House/Lodge in Curry Village and Mice

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 7
Stoneman House/Lodge in Curry Village and Mice

Hi, I've been to yosemite 10 times or more and have stayed at various Curry village housing but not the stoneman lodge. How is it compared to the cabins and are there photos that someone can share with me.

Also, I've never noticed a mice problem before but all these reviews are getting me nervous. is there anyone to prevent mice from getting into the cabin?

Any good pitstops also from San Francisco? We usually drive straight through to the park.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 27
1. Re: Stoneman House/Lodge in Curry Village and Mice

You might want to check out the recent post titled Curry Village Cabin with Bath vs Curry Village Motel

What route do you usually take? If you want to drive on on 120, there's your basic fast-food and gas station type stop in Oakdale, a great diversion off 120 into Sonora, Jamestown or Columbia State Historic Park, and of course the small gold rush town of Groveland right along the way. Groveland is home to the Iron Door Saloon (now a restaurant) as well as the historic Hotel Charlotte.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
reviews: 45
2. Re: Stoneman House/Lodge in Curry Village and Mice

We stayed in one of those motel rooms about 5 years ago. The room was small and the decor dated from the 50's. But hey---it is Yosemite. We were only in the room to sleep! (We did not find any mice in the room).

The best way to discourage mice from coming in is probably to not take any food into the room. Since you cannot leave it in you rcar, you could ask if there are food lockers available for the Stoneman residents.

3. Re: Stoneman House/Lodge in Curry Village and Mice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park