We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paper Map of Yellowstone

Homosassa, FL
reviews: 14
Paper Map of Yellowstone

Would like to purchase a map about the size and detail level of AAA city maps for the park. Have looked at on-line maps and am not interested in the large topo maps. Any suggestions on website I can buy same?

Billings, Montana
reviews: 1
1. Re: Paper Map of Yellowstone

If you go to the National Park Services website for Yellowstone Park you will see "Park Tools" on the left side. Click on "View Park Map". It will open up the map that you get when you enter the park. It is about as detailed as you will need. If you can't wait until you enter the park you can print it out.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/index.htm

You can go to the Yellowstone Association's website and order a map from them

https://www.yellowstoneassociation.org/

Deb

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 86
2. Re: Paper Map of Yellowstone

There actually IS an AAA map of Yellowstone but I like the official one referenced by Deb better. I just looked for the AAA map but can't seem to turn it up so I can't tell you what the official name is on it. I expect that if you go to your local AAA they can get it for you.

Pam

Billings, Montana
reviews: 1
3. Re: Paper Map of Yellowstone

Another option is to buy Yellowstone Treasures by Janet Chappel. The maps for each segment in the park are simple but it gives road logs that are broken down into tenths of a mile with details of what you can see/tour between every road segment. Combined with the pictures and historical details this book is an excellent resource for trip planning.

Deb

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 34
4. Re: Paper Map of Yellowstone

Since most of us don't have the ability to print out the official map of the park in color on a large format printer on paper that will hold up to repeated use I would recommend the National Geographic Trails Illustrated map of Yellowstone.

It is printed on plasticized paper (Tyvek) and shows the roads, topography and trails. It is much better than the standard topo maps.

The Yellowstone map is #201; the Grand Teton map is #202. You can also get more detailed information from the four quandrant maps of Yellowstone: The Old Faithful map (SW) is #302; the Mammoth Hot Springs map (NW) is #303; the Tower/Canyon map (NE) is #304 and the Yellowstone Lake map (SE) is # 305.

They are all available from the Yellowstone Association, Amazon, REI, etc.

https:/…

The AAA map of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, Wyoming also shows some roads and areas bordering the parks. It is one of the AAA "Special Area Series" maps.

Edited: 2:00 pm, April 12, 2014
Jervis Bay...
reviews: 53
5. Re: Paper Map of Yellowstone

If you take the pdf of the park maps to an Office Depot (in Oz or equivalent is Office works and an A3 colour print is about 25c) and get an A3 colour print and put it in a plastic sleeve it is a cheap way to get a map but keep it in good condition during your trip. My dh is a map enthusiast (to put it mildly) but he likes travelling with copies rather than his "good" maps.

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 122
6. Re: Paper Map of Yellowstone

Or you can write to the park and ask them to send you a copy of the park brochure--also called the Official Map and Guide. If for some reason that does not work, write to the National Park Service Intermountain Regional Office in Denver and ask them to send you a copy.

Homosassa, FL
reviews: 14
7. Re: Paper Map of Yellowstone

Thanks for the info. Have contacted AAA and Yellowstone Association; members of both. Already have Yellowstone Treasures. Thanks for the help.

Had wanted to order the trail maps of yellowstone but Association said they have none and believe YNP is redesigning them.

8. Re: Paper Map of Yellowstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 18, 2015