We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfert time Chicago O'Hare Terminal 5 to Terminal 1

Southampton
reviews: 8
Transfert time Chicago O'Hare Terminal 5 to Terminal 1

Hi,

I am flying to Jackson Hole to see Yellowstone In late Aug.

Looking at flights, my international flight stops at Chicago and I have 2 hr 40 min stopover during which I have to pass immigration, collect baggage, pass customs and catch the tram to go to T1.

Do I have enough time?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 296
1. Re: Transfert time Chicago O'Hare Terminal 5 to Terminal 1

I would post this on the Chicago forum because many there would have info on flights. This forum would have more info and flight times for the Jackson Hole airport.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 86
2. Re: Transfert time Chicago O'Hare Terminal 5 to Terminal 1

Or the Air Travel forum.

Pam

Worcester, United...
reviews: 51
3. Re: Transfert time Chicago O'Hare Terminal 5 to Terminal 1

Hi deepamg, I can only speak from our personal experience, we had exactly the same time of 2 hours 40 mins last year in Chicago for our connecting flight, we thankfully had no problems. Our flight from the UK actually left London early, which gained us a little more time. Immigration queue at Chicago took an hour to get through. We found it easy to re drop luggage as we exited customs, then we caught the tram from T5 to T1, went through security, then we even had time to have lunch in T1 while we waited for our next flight. If your flight was on time, I don't think you would have a problem. Based on the time we waited for our connecting flight I think we would have been ok too had we had a bit less time. Hope that helps to reassure you as I worried a lot about the connection time before we went.

Edited: 5:17 pm, January 24, 2014
Southampton
reviews: 8
4. Re: Transfert time Chicago O'Hare Terminal 5 to Terminal 1

Thank you so much for the feedback. I have now booked my flights. The concerning thing is that this is the last direct flight for Jackson Hole on the day.

5. Re: Transfert time Chicago O'Hare Terminal 5 to Terminal 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 27, 2015