We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Felixstowe, United...
Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Good afternoon,

Hope you are all very well. Just a simple question this time around ; how

easy is it to hire a Manual transmission vehicle ( Standard/Economy ) please ??

Look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Have purchased " Treasures of Yellowstone " - endlessly fascinating plus

the National Geographical maps of YNP/GTNP- also very absorbing.

All the best

Steve

East of England

20 replies to this topic
Colchester, United...
reviews: 37
11. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Hi Steve

I am also from the uk and was the main driver for our 2 trips to the states including the Yellowstone area. I looked everywhere for a manual car but no luck. Hired an automatic car both times and it really is easy to get used to. Even if you could track one down you would probably pay a premium for it.

Have a great holiday.

Felixstowe, United...
12. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Morning Travelhols 11,

Many thanks for your input - all well noted. Looks like it's an automatic then !! lol

We are in the very very early planning stages only - we are hoping to make all the

arrangements ourselves but have given our trusted friendly high street travel

agent the chance to quote.

A quick question if I may please ; what where your flight transfer times like between the

US hub ( say Minneapolis St :Paul / Detroit and onward flight to Salt Lake City and so on )

I'm thinking we are going to have to collect our bags, go through formal US Customs and

Immigration clearance at first USA airport of arrival and then proceed to check in for the next

onward flight. I've seen some connecting times as low as 85 minutes - which is rather scary.

How did you get on ??? FYI, we are planning to go via Delta Economy Comfort service.

Await your reply when you have a moment.

Enjoy your Christmas and New Year Holidays

from Steve H

East of England

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
13. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

You'll go through immigration first. Then pick up your bags and deliver them again for your connecting flight. That always happens first at the first city of arrival in the USA unless you fly from Dublin.

No way to predict how long that takes. Depends on the immigration lines. 85 minutes can be enough but it sometimes took us longer (and shorter). If you miss the connecting flight they'll book you for a next flight. That happened to us from Chicago.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 79
14. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

I just flew thru SLC to LHR and back in Sept. The layover time in MSP was something over 3 hours, getting in to SLC at maybe 9PM?? Dont exactly remember and am away from home so cant easily look. That was plenty of time but I'm traveling on a US passport. This would also necessitate your staying overnight in SLC as the arrival is so late unless you are flying on to Jackson or Bozeman or somewhere else. SLC has a bunch of commuter flights that leave around 10PM after the longer haul planes get in. If that is the case for you, then know that a 30-40 layover time in SLC is very doable.

Pam

Felixstowe, United...
15. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Morning Tet14,

Hope you had a good Christmas Holiday. Many thanks for your new info.

All well received and appreciated.

Best regards

Steve H.,

East of England

Felixstowe, United...
16. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Dear DObby,

Hope you are fine and enjoyed the Xmas break. Thank you for your input. Yes, that was the

routing we are currently planning on ( Delta ; LHR - MSP - SLC - then Cody ) - the details

and information are very useful. We are planning a stopover at SLC inbound as we do not

want to rush around at MSP or Detroit.

Thanks again

All the best

Steve H.,

East of England

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
17. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Just seen the floods on out National TV in UK. Hope you are safe and a Happy New year to you as well Steve.

Colchester, United...
reviews: 37
18. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Hello Steve

Sorry but can't help with this as flew into Las Vegas and out of Denver, both direct, as our trip took in a very wide area! Glad to see the others posters have given you good info instead. Happy Christmas (belatedly!) hope you're not flooded or have a power cut, we escaped it here luckily.

Felixstowe, United...
19. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Morning Travelhols 11,

Thank you kindly for your info - well noted. No we were lucky, no floods and power intact.

All the best for 2014

Steve H

East of England

Felixstowe, United...
20. Re: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY

Thanks for the concern Tet14 , pleased to confirm we are safe and well.

All the best for New Year 2014

Steve H

East of England

Reply to: Sbj; Manual transmission car hire ex Cody WY
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...