We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Bikers here?

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 3
Any Bikers here?

Hello, my man and I will be coming to Wyoming end of June first week in July. We are staying in Jackson at the Pony Express Motel. We just wanted a somewhat close proximity to the Tetons and YNP.

What will be our drive time to the Tetons and YNP?

How long do you think it would be to get to Chief Joseph highway. What are the must see and do when riding a motorcycle? Any and all information you could give us would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Thank you

Tina

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 79
11. Re: Any Bikers here?

Agree with Denalicat...great shot!

As a non-biker, I would ask that you turn down your music when you are in wildlife jams. You may do that anyway, but I have noted that many do not think of that.

Pam

Spery, Iowa
reviews: 84
12. Re: Any Bikers here?

You may already know this, but we have watched the ravens open bags on bikes and take off with whatever they can carry in their sneaky little beaks :) They are quite adept with zippers and untying strings!

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 79
13. Re: Any Bikers here?

Thbergs, you are so right! One winter trip on snowmobiles while touring Norris, ravens unzipped my friend's backpack which was strapped on to her snowmobile and polished off her lunch. Pecked thru the brown paper bag and ate the sandwich. We had plenty to share so she didn't go hungry, but all of us immediately turn our packs so the zippers were less accessible.

Pam

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 3
14. Re: Any Bikers here?

You all have provided a lot of good info. I agree with not jamming to music I personally like the quiet and solitude. Good to know about the birds hopefully they can't pick a lock and open the touring pack. Ha ha

After watching some. videos on Utube on Yellowstone the Bison are definitely everywhere, a little worrisome but hopefully they will be kind to us we will definitely respect them.

USA
Destination Expert
for Alaska, Denali National Park and Preserve, Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 44
15. Re: Any Bikers here?

Those bison were the hardest thing (no pun intended) for me to get used to in Y-Stone. My rule of thumb is when they give you stink-eye don't give it back LOL! They are huge, dark & walk up the middle of the road, which is why the DEs here say never drive in the dark. Luckily the speed limits are low & adhered to on the most part 45MPH max.

Have fun!

16. Re: Any Bikers here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...