We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 Day Campground Limit

Which Yellowstone National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bend, Oregon
reviews: 10
14 Day Campground Limit

Does anyone know if the 14 days camping limit in Yellowstone is for each campground or for total days allowed to camp in the Park?

I have looked everywhere and cannot find out. I am going to assume it means "each campground".

We will be camping a total of three different campgrounds this July and I just want to make sure we will not exceed the limit if its applicable to total days in the Park.

Thank you for any information.

Spery, Iowa
reviews: 80
1. Re: 14 Day Campground Limit

I believe it is per campground. If you move around, you can be there longer.

USA
Destination Expert
for Alaska, Denali National Park and Preserve, Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 44
2. Re: 14 Day Campground Limit

I camped 50 total days in Y-Stone this past summer with no issue. At least 1 of the trips was over 14 days.

Denali National Park had a limit also, but as a school teacher I often spent most of my summer in there backpacking & camping, often well over 2 weeks at a time. The rangers up there told me they didn't enforce limits unless someone was trying to actually "live" in the park.

If you go to the reservations online for the Yellowstone campgrounds it will only let you reserve 14 days max at any one particular campground.

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 10
3. Re: 14 Day Campground Limit

Thank you all for your answers....I knew all the experts would know this.

I wonder if they would notice I took up "residence"!!

Planning this trip is keeping me going this winter....we are going to camp our way thru Tetons and Yellowstone on way to new national park (for us) Theo Roosevelt NP in North Dakota and then camp our way back...

We missed going to Yellowstone and Tetons last year so have to get our "fix" this year. I admit it, I am a Yellowstone and Grand Teton addict! no other place on earth like these.

Thank you again...

4. Re: 14 Day Campground Limit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 21, 2014