We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow Bus "Tours"

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 152
Yellow Bus "Tours"

I would like advice and information about which Yellow Bus tours I should take. It appears not too many leave/pick-up at Old Faithful Inn area and the "Figure 8" all day loop tour is only on Tuesday and Saturday. In your opinion, which are the best tours to take? We will be staying at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge around the first of September.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
1. Re: Yellow Bus "Tours"

I've not done any of the tours but was curious about your comment and checked the Xanterra website. I'm unsure about your information re: only Tuesday and Saturday. yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/summer-tou… I assumed the tours are daily from that site. Perhaps I missed something.

Have you considered driving it yourselves? The figure 8 route leads to all the major sites, is well marked, and allows you time to stop and go as you choose.

If time is limited, the loop tour might be your best introduction to the park, I've heard good reviews of all of them.

Edited: 10:21 pm, March 02, 2010
Denver, Colorado
2. Re: Yellow Bus "Tours"

Thanks for your info.

We are taking a friend from New York City on a three week tour of Yellowstone, Glacier, Banff and Jasper National Parks. One of the things she wants to do is ride in the Yellow Buses in Yellowstone and the Red Buses in Glacier. I have been to Yellowstone a number of times and in all kinds of weather and will also be driving on the other days we are staying in the park. I was hoping to find our more about the Yellow buses from anyone who has taken the "tours".

Are you Seattle people? I was born, raised and lived in the Seattle area for nearly 50 years.

Denver, Colorado
3. Re: Yellow Bus "Tours"

Maybe I should call them the OLD Historic Yellow Buses from the 1930s that only hold 13 passengers, not the modern scenic air conditioned buses of today.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
4. Re: Yellow Bus "Tours"

I sent you a PM re: your question about Seattle people.

You have a great trip planned, and 3 weeks sounds about right. Keep an eye on the weather reports, it's been a weird year and you don't want to get caught in unexpected snow, especially at Glacier and GTTS Hwy.

5. Re: Yellow Bus "Tours"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...