We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a hotel west of DC

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
reviews: 14
Looking for a hotel west of DC

Can anyone suggest a hotel, along or near Route 66 within walking distance to a Metro station with free WiFi and parking?? Thanks!!

3 replies to this topic
Falls Church...
1. Re: Looking for a hotel west of DC

Since I live here I can't speak to the quality of the Hotels though most are national chains.

I'd maybe do a hotel search on priceline using the names of the Orange line stations (vienna, ballston, courthouse, etc) and see what you come up with. Looking at the address of the hotel on a map should tell you if it's walking distance to the metro or not.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 126
2. Re: Looking for a hotel west of DC

I would try reposting this question on the Washington DC forum; they often have good suggestions for hotels with easy access to DC for people arriving with cars.

Virginia
reviews: 57
3. Re: Looking for a hotel west of DC

Not sure why you need a hotel by Route 66 if you plan to take the metro? It appears you're driving and just don't want to stray far from 66? When exactly are you going to be here (I ask because eventually the grey line will be functional and I'm not going to comment on it in this post)? I can't tell you whether the hotels I will mention have free wi-fi and parking but you can find that easily enough on the internet. My suggestions:

Dunn Loring Metro (5 min from ramp to 495, which gets you to 66; or about a 10-15 min car ride to 66 through neighborhoods):

Courtyard Marriott by Dunn Loring Metro. Literally across the street from metro. Plusses: right by Halstead development which has food options. 5 minute walk from Mosaic district (see below)

There is also a Hyatt House about 5 min walk down the road from there in the Mosaic District. Mosaic District is a mixed use development with lots of food options and a great movie theater.

West Falls Church Metro is right by 66 but I can't think of hotels within walking distance. Same thing for Vienna metro.

East Falls Church Metro (2 min from 66):

There is an Econolodge close to East falls Church metro but getting from point A to B is actually not that easy since the only thing I can think of is a ramp for cars and not a walkway for people. Maybe I'm wrong. A few restaurants within walking distance (L'cot D'Or is pricey but delicous and right next door). Fall Church City Center with lots of restaurants is about a 10-20 minute walk, depending where you're going.

Any metro stations in the Arlington corridor (between Rosslyn and Ballston) will have hotels nearby and 66, but they're more likely to charge for parking, I would think. Clarendon has the most food options, especially at night.

Have a safe trip!

Edited: 1:25 am, June 04, 2014
Reply to: Looking for a hotel west of DC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vienna