We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
OHIO
reviews: 8
Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

I have read lots of bad things about this hotel. Are the rooms really THAT small?

Also does any one have any sugestions for places to eat. or things to do on the Levee. I am going down the second weekend in April with a group of girls.

thanks!

ohio
1. Re: Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

Jaymi:

I stayed with my wife at the Millenneum 3 months ago. Got a "deal" on a website bid. We also did a riverboat dinner cruise and LOTS of shopping. We ate at the Levee at Montgomery Ribs (a must do). The nice part about staying downtown is that a number of city blocks are connected by suspended passage "tunnels". It rained for 2 days and we never got wet!

Now, the Millennium IS an old historic building. It offers a Gatsby-type elegance for sure. However, it cannot be compared to modern hotels. The rooms vary in size, and if you get a room at "discount" it will likely be a smaller one. The amenities are adequate and underwhelming. I've seen better stuff at Hamptons. Get ready to shell out cash everywhere - to park, to enter the front door, to eat there or make a phone call, etc. We couldn't even get a free Advil - we were pointed towrd the "gift shop"! Any "discount" is quickly gobbled up in tips and tax (17% I believe). I suggest staying in Blue Ash or a surrounding town, saving your cash for fun and eats. Milennium offers convenience, but aside from that, I'm not excited about paying $150 for less than Hampton Inn accommodations.

Have fun!

Zurich, Switzerland
2. Re: Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

If Newport on the Levee is going to be your "going out spot," you may want to check out NKY hotels as they will be closer to go to and from. Also, you can go online at www.cincinnati.com click on CIN WEEKLY and that will give you an idea of what's going on in the Cin/ NKY area. There is also another paper at www.citybeat.com is gives you similar information.

Depending on what your into there are four main night life areas in Cincinanti / NKY, 1. Main Street , 2. Mt. Adams, 3. Newport on Levee 4. Covington. The first two are in cincy the second two are in NKY. If you give me an idea of what you want to see / do, I can suggest further. Hopefully, the weather will be nice for you. Have fun.