We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Hill neighborhood ...

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 47
Indian Hill neighborhood ...

is there a downtown (with shops and restaurants) or one has to travel to Madeira and Hyde Park ? Was informed to look for houses in this town/city but I cant any info on the downtown area so wondering if there is one ? Hyde Park seems to be the place that has it all but work is closer to glendale/springdale. School is more of a priority for us. Would appreciate any advice, thanks in advance !

P.S kids will enter 4th and 6th grade next school year.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 1
1. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

Indian Hill is one of Cincinnati's most affluent neighborhoods. It does not have its own downtown. It's suburbs to somewhat rural. You will have to drive to get whatever you need, although it's relatively close to Kenwood shopping area. Indian Hill is known for its school system, which is the most elite in the region.

Edited: 12:09 am, March 23, 2013
Little Rock
reviews: 17
2. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

Other places on the web have information also ... There is also a searchable forum on the city data site, and many questions regarding relocation: pluses and minuses of locations, etc.

city-data.com/city/The-Village-of-Indian-Hil…

Edited: 5:08 am, March 23, 2013
Loveland, Ohio
reviews: 3
3. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

Kenwood Towne center isn't far from Indian Hill.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 26
4. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

Hamilton County, OH where Cincinnati is located has numerous school districts. You do have to be extremely careful in selecing which district you live in since some schools districts are outstanding and some are dismal. In some cases, houses on one side of a street will be in one district while those on the other side of the street are in a different district. Some districts have financial problems and have eliminated some services and programs. Indian Hill schools are considered top notch. The district does extend all the way to some stretches of Kenwood Road near the Kenwood mall. Houses for sale in that area proudly announce that the house in in the Indian Hill school district. Here's some information on ratings of the schools: http://www.greatschools.org/ohio/cincinnati/

Cincinnati
reviews: 5
5. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

Indian Hilll [extra "l" added on purpose to avoid the idiotic automatic links generated by tripadvisor] is swell if you are rich but there are many fine schools and school districts in the region including the many outstanding Catholic schools throughout the area.

Edited: 10:44 pm, March 23, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 85
6. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

If work is closer to Springdale/Glendale, take a close look at nearby Wyoming, which has fabulous public schools.

Cincinnati
reviews: 5
7. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

+1

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
8. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

Thank you so much for the insight, I did look around at the private schools (but like any other options, u have to be careful with the selection as some will advertise, our graduates had been admitted to Yale but when truth was revealed only one did and that was a decade ago ! ).

My hesitation about Hyde Park is exactly what Nancycinti had mentioned, across the street is a different story.

Thank you Cinti attorney, I will look at Wyoming as I did remember that name from the national ranking.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
9. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

sorry but wondering if anyone knows the names of the streets around downtown Wyoming ? I saw some images which has a street lined with shops ? I tried searching again but only came up with Vine/Springfield Pike and Wyoming Ave ? Would that be right ?

I am used to being able to walk to town so the idea of a downtown area in Wyoming is very appealing. Thanks for the recommendation !!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 26
10. Re: Indian Hill neighborhood ...

There is only a small stretch of shops in Wyoming: a butcher, bakery, shoe repair. I think its on Wyoming Ave.