We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun restaurants for kiddos ages 4 and 6

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ROCKWALL
reviews: 1
Fun restaurants for kiddos ages 4 and 6

My family and I are coming to Cinci in June. We have a 4 and 6 year old boy. Any suggestions on fun places to dine at while we are there? Other than the typical kid things to do.........zoo, aquarium, Kings Island, are there any other places we should check out? Thank you for the info.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 26
1. Re: Fun restaurants for kiddos ages 4 and 6

The aquarium is at Newport on the Levee where there are several restaurants with outdoor seating. Great for watching the boats and jet skis on the river. Just across the street is Hofbrahaus with the German oompha band. (My neices loved to get up and dance.) Check what time they will have music.

North of Cincinnati there is Entertrainment Junction with all things related to trains. On the subject of trains, check out the train in Lebanon, OH. Some weekends have a special Thomas the Tank Engine theme.

Want something simpler? Check out www.greatparks.org. Hamilton County Ohio has great parks. You can rent a self-drive pontoon boat or peddle boats at Winton Woods Lake or vist Parky's Barn indoor play area (great for a rainy day).

Edited: 10:13 pm, March 22, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 1
2. Re: Fun restaurants for kiddos ages 4 and 6

Restaurants for kids? Maybe Game Works at Newport on the Levee. It's an arcade/restaurant. Although maybe they're too young for that? Of course, there's Chuck E Cheese, but that's a national chain.

For other things to do, perhaps the Children's museum at Union Terminal. Since June is pretty nice weather maybe rent a bicycle car and pedal from Smale park to International Friendship park and back.

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio
reviews: 100
3. Re: Fun restaurants for kiddos ages 4 and 6

Dave & Busters?

Mason, Ohio
reviews: 21
4. Re: Fun restaurants for kiddos ages 4 and 6

Some of the things that my kids have enjoyed in Cincinnati aside from what you mentioned:

- Children's Museum at the Museum Center www.cincymuseum.org

- Carew Tower (view from a high building if they aren't used to that)

Places that my kids love to eat:

- Hofbrauhaus (Newport) standing on the benches and singing - can it get better?

- Buckhead Mountain Grill (Newport) to get a seat near a window or on the patio to watch the river

- Skyline Chili ... not exactly a "kids place" but they just love it!

Edited: 3:22 pm, April 12, 2013
Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Cleveland
reviews: 23
5. Re: Fun restaurants for kiddos ages 4 and 6

Are you aware of EnterTRAINment Junction, which claims to be the world's largest indoor model train display, located in West Chester? It should be a hit with two young boys.

entertrainmentjunction.com/cincinnati_train-…

If this would interest your kids, perhaps call them or e-mail to ask for nearby restaurants suggestions, although it reportedly has a cafeteria serving kid-friendly chow.

I've yet to visit EnterTRAINment Junction, but friends say its worth a visit and it's well rated by TA reviewers.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

6. Re: Fun restaurants for kiddos ages 4 and 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2014