We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
upstate ny
3 posts
1 review
Hotel Recommendation

My husband and I (mid 30s) are going to be spending 3 days/2 nights in Cincinnati while Nana and Pop Pop watch our kiddo! Can't wait, it will be our first time alone in 3 years. We'll be going in late December, between Xmas and New Years. On my list of places to research are the zoo festival, newport aquarium, holiday junction, orchestra, fountain square, krohn conservatory, findlay market, museums. The main question I have is - where to stay? I don't know the geography of the city at all. I'm a bit of a clean freak, and like to be able to walk from the hotel to restaurants and or attractions. Given what we want to do, any ideas where we should stay?

upstate ny
3 posts
1 review
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation

I should add, we're open to b&b's as well as hotels.

Cincinnati, Ohio
6 posts
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Your best bet will be to stay downtown. If you stay close to Fountain Square you'll be walking distance to restaurants/bars. You could also consider staying in Newport, KY. If you need more specifics just let me know.

upstate ny
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Yes, I think you're right about downtown. I've looked at reviews and it seems that these three would be my top choices, if anyone has anything to say about them: Netherland Hilton, Westin, Cincinnatian.

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
652 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation

The Cincinnatian is lovely. Request one of the newly refurbished rooms. The bathrooms are incredible, air tub, heated floors, luxury showers. The rooms are tastefully decorated and the king size beds are very comfy. Jazz in the lounge and a top notch restaurant. Location is close to anything dwntwn and I believe they have a car service that will get you around if needed.

Enjoy your time.

Peace

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Recommendation

For a special time, I'd recommend the Hilton Netherlands. It's a very fancy old-style hotel, like they don't make anymore. The Cincinnatian is also fancy. If you need to save money, try Priceline and you can get a hotel for less than $100 per night but you won't get the Hilton. You'll probably get the Millennium or the Hyatt. See here for prices. …yuku.com/forums/…Ohio-Cincinnati or here http://www.betterbidding.com/

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
178 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Recommendation

The Cincinnatian is a great hotel, lots of charm with some modern amenities. The Netherland Hilton has old style charm, but needs some updating. The Westin is nice without the charm. I do not like the Millinium or the Hyatt much. These are all downtown and within walking distance of some nice restaraunts and entertainment.

The attractions you listed are pretty spread out so you would still need to cab or bus it to places like the Zoo, Museum Center and Krohn Conservatory. You would be within walking distance of Findlay Market, Newport Aquarium (decent, but easy trek across the people bridge) and Fountain Square.

There are numerous good eateries within walking distance of any of these hotels including, Morton's, McCormick and Schmick's and Boi Na Braza.

A short walk south puts you at The Banks (new entertainment district) which offers some good food and drink options in Ruth's Chris, Mahogoney's and the Moerlein Lager House, The Banks also has the bar and grill style food with Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill (live country music and food) and the Holy Grail Tavern and Grill (sports bar). While down there check out the Red's Hall of Fame at Great American Ballpark and Smale Riverfront Park.

If you head over to the Newport Aquarium across the river there are several restaraunts around there. For seafood there is Mitchell's Fish Market, Brio Tuscan Grill for Italian and Hofbrauhaus for German. There are several better restaurants in Newport and Covington within a short cab ride (let me know if you want information on these). Entertainment options, in addition to the Aquarium, include the Thompson House which offers live music in an historic home once owned by the inventor of the Thompson machine gun, better known as the "Tommy Gun" that was popular with prohibition era gangsters. Speaking of gangsters, the Newport Gangster Tour is a great little tour that outlines the city's history as the prototype for what would later become the mob controlled Las Vegas. Prior to Las Vegas, Newport was the center of the illegal gambling enterprise ran by the mob.

Heading north from the center of downtown you enter the Over-The-Rhine neighborhod which is full of culture and history. This is where Findlay Market, Washington Park and Music Hall are all located. It is also home to some the newer and trendier restaraunts and bars in the city. I have not been to very many of the restaraunts and bars, but I have heard great things about Senate Restaraunt, Lavomatic and The Lackman. However, keep your wits about you when walking OTR after dark as it can still be a dangerous area if you do not know where you are going or if you are not paying attention.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
178 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Recommendation

The Cincinnatian is a great hotel, lots of charm with some modern amenities. The Netherland Hilton has old style charm, but needs some updating. The Westin is nice without the charm. I do not like the Millinium or the Hyatt much. These are all downtown and within walking distance of some nice restaraunts and entertainment.

The attractions you listed are pretty spread out so you would still need to cab or bus it to places like the Zoo, Museum Center and Krohn Conservatory. You would be within walking distance of Findlay Market, Newport Aquarium (decent, but easy trek across the people bridge) and Fountain Square.

There are numerous good eateries within walking distance of any of these hotels including, Morton's, McCormick and Schmick's and Boi Na Braza.

A short walk south puts you at The Banks (new entertainment district) which offers some good food and drink options in Ruth's Chris, Mahogoney's and the Moerlein Lager House, The Banks also has the bar and grill style food with Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill (live country music and food) and the Holy Grail Tavern and Grill (sports bar). While down there check out the Red's Hall of Fame at Great American Ballpark and Smale Riverfront Park.

If you head over to the Newport Aquarium across the river there are several restaraunts around there. For seafood there is Mitchell's Fish Market, Brio Tuscan Grill for Italian and Hofbrauhaus for German. There are several better restaurants in Newport and Covington within a short cab ride (let me know if you want information on these). Entertainment options, in addition to the Aquarium, include the Thompson House which offers live music in an historic home once owned by the inventor of the Thompson machine gun, better known as the "Tommy Gun" that was popular with prohibition era gangsters. Speaking of gangsters, the Newport Gangster Tour is a great little tour that outlines the city's history as the prototype for what would later become the mob controlled Las Vegas. Prior to Las Vegas, Newport was the center of the illegal gambling enterprise ran by the mob.

Heading north from the center of downtown you enter the Over-The-Rhine neighborhod which is full of culture and history. This is where Findlay Market, Washington Park and Music Hall are all located. It is also home to some the newer and trendier restaraunts and bars in the city. I have not been to very many of the restaraunts and bars, but I have heard great things about Senate Restaraunt, Lavomatic and The Lackman. However, keep your wits about you when walking OTR after dark as it can still be a dangerous area if you do not know where you are going or if you are not paying attention.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
147 reviews
8. Re: Hotel Recommendation

>>the rooms are incredible, air tub, heated floors, luxury showers.<<

What is an "air tub?"

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Maybe it's like a hot tub for people who don't like to get wet.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Newer, cleaner? Residence Inn downtown..

Newport? Comfort Suites or Holiday Inn Express, but you won' t be walking many places from there..