We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Smith Center...
reviews: 45
3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

We are flying through CVG in December. I searched this topic and had no luck with recent posts. I looked on the CVG website and see several options, just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a place to have a decent meal, a couple drinks and kill some time. Thanks.

Fort Mitchell...
reviews: 22
1. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

How much time do you have and do you mind leaving the airport?

Peace

Fort Mitchell...
2. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

3 hours, sorry!

Several decent spots in northern Kentucky area.

Grandview tavern is within 15 minutes of the airport, good food and nice drink selections including tap beer and top shelf liquor. Most nights have live music.

Any food type specific?

Atmosphere?

Smith Center...
3. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

I assume we can grab a cab and get somewhere quick? Any food type, as long as time doesn't become an issue. Thanks for the help.

Fort Mitchell...
4. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

Cab ride to most northern Kentucky restaurants is within 15 minutes or so.

CVG airport is in Kentucky.

Great Chinese and drinks sitting at the bar at Oriental Wok, buttermilk road location.

Turfway road in Florence has multiple spots that could be of interest, most of those are predictable menus and atmosphere.

DeFelice in covington is a fun spot, good food and live jazz. Covington could be iffy with your 3 hour time frame. All would depend on time of day and traffic. No traffic drive time to Covington from the airport is 20-25 minutes.

Take a look at google maps and follow interstate 275 to interstate 75 south will get you to buttermilk, going north on 75 will get you to the turfway road locations.

Barleycorns on Dixie hwy is also within 15-20 minute drive, very casual laid back atmosphere.

Nice beer selections and lots of televisions. Local hang out with great chicken wings.

Crestview hills town center directly off of 275 has numerous restaurant options from soup and sandwich to sushi, burgers, Italian, burritos. Our favorite there is The Pub, irish decor with many beer taps and nice selection of whiskey. Live music some evenings.

Nice shopping to kill a few minutes. I'm sure the town center has a website.

Peace

Cincinnati
reviews: 5
5. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

With "only" a three hour layover you might be tempted to leave the airport but going as far as CovingtonKY or even Crestview Hills wouldn't be wise (too hectic and too many things can go wrong). Best to stay and relax at Outback or one of the restaurants in the terminal.

Smith Center...
6. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

What are our options at the terminal. While I don't expect to much, I don't want to miss my best option. Thanks so much for all your help. I wish we had longer to visit.

Cincinnati
7. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

Samuel Adams Pub, Wolfgang Puck or Outback Steakhouse would be among the limited regular sit-down options. Otherwise, (and this would be my choice) have several drinks somewhere and soak it up with some Gold Star Chili before you depart.

Fort Mitchell...
8. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

Gold Star chili and airplane bathrooms??

Peace

Cincinnati
9. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

:) its not that fast actin' (usually) :)

10. Re: 3 hour layover in CVG...food options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 28, 2013