We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cincinnati trip report

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
reviews: 6
Cincinnati trip report

I don’t see many trip reports in the Cincinnati forum but I thought I’d share some notes from our recent weekend trip to the Queen City.

We came for the weekend of 10/27-10/30. It was a little getaway trip to celebrate my birthday. We began our visit with a trip to the Tanger outlet mall in Jeffersonville. The most crowded outlet mall I’ve ever seen. Some stores had good prices, others just average. We bought some good stuff and were glad we stopped there.

We stayed downtown at The Cincinnatian hotel. Beautiful hotel, classy-but-not-stuffy. Having read negative reviews about rooms facing the atrium, (noise from the evening bar entertainment), we booked an outside room. We were assigned one on the 2nd floor. It was spacious and sparkling clean, but the street noise made it difficult to sleep soundly. IMO, noise from the band, which stops at 1am would be preferable to street noise that lasts all night. Lesson learned. The Cricket Lounge has a GREAT happy hour each day. Good prices and great food. The wings are some of the best we’ve ever had! $5 for 8 wings. We ate breakfast at The Palace restaurant both mornings (Newt Gingrich was there having coffee with 3 other men while we were enjoying our last breakfast). Again, food was very tasty at The Cincinnatian. We used their valet parking as well. Pricey but not unexpected in an urban location.

On my birthday, Sunday, we began with a trip to the Krohn Conservatory. We are gardeners and loved this place! Intimate, cheap and easy to wander around in. The whole Eden Park area is very nice and I highly recommend a visit there. We started a little pub crawl at the Mt. Adams bar and grill. Great bloody mary’s and a nice bartender too. Then it was on to Longworth’s. More tasty bloody mary’s and the roaring fireplace was a nice surprise on a chilly Sunday afternoon. We loved the soft pretzels with cheesy mustard sauce. A fun place to watch football too. Eventually we found the City View Tavern and that was great as well. Fabulous views and photo ops from the outdoor patio. We also walked around the Mt. Adams neighborhood a bit…more great views from the Holy Cross church. Parking and navigating can be challenging in this area, to say the least, but it’s worth it!

We went back to The Cincinnatian for happy hour and then to refresh before my birthday dinner. Took advantage of the hotel’s free car to take us to The Celestial restaurant for dinner. After driving me around all day, it was time for my husband to be able to have some adult beverages too! The free transportation from the hotel was a nice bonus. The view from The Celestial was DIVINE!! Absolutely gorgeous. We had great service there as well, but the food was just average (lobster bisque and prime rib). It’s so worth going for that view, though.

Once back at the hotel we walked the half block over to Fountain Square. Found a beautiful carriage, pulled by a horse named Dolly and driven by her owner Michelle. We took our own bottle of champagne and drank while we clopped through the city streets. Very much enjoyed this activity!

Sorry this report is so long, but we had a great weekend in Cincinnati!

Cincinnati
reviews: 5
1. Re: Cincinnati trip report

Not too long at all. In fact, I'd like to hear more. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Ya'll come back now, hear.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 29
2. Re: Cincinnati trip report

Very nice report. The Krohn is a real treasure.

Fort Mitchell...
reviews: 22
3. Re: Cincinnati trip report

Thanks for posting your report!

Peace

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
reviews: 58
4. Re: Cincinnati trip report

I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

Dayton, OH
reviews: 26
5. Re: Cincinnati trip report

Great trip report. Thanks for sharing :)

Milford, Ohio
reviews: 84
6. Re: Cincinnati trip report

Great report.... nice to see you enjoyed our city!!

7. Re: Cincinnati trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 11, 2013