We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor Laws

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
reviews: 182
Liquor Laws

So we're hoping to visit Jungle Jim's this weekend, and were planning to go on Sunday, but needed to confirm liquor laws in Ohio, cause we've found conflicting reports on the internet. Can you purchase wine and liquor on Sundays in Ohio?

Lexington, Kentucky
1. Re: Liquor Laws

Here's what I found

…nbc4i.com/news/…

Edited: 6:00 pm, October 30, 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
2. Re: Liquor Laws

Better yet, I'd just call them and ask.

Indiana
3. Re: Liquor Laws

Actually, I did that first. But the 16 year old who answered the phone seemed very uncertain.

Lexington, Kentucky
4. Re: Liquor Laws

Your reply made me LOL! That's funny!

Indiana
5. Re: Liquor Laws

It went a little something like this "No. No liquor sales on Sunday, but beer we can. Wait, maybe later? Like in the afternoon perhaps? We might be able to sell it then? But I don't know. The laws around here are so crazy. I'm really not sure."

Probably at that point I should have asked to speak with a manager. But I thought I'd try my luck here since TA locals are so helpful. And maybe I'll just call back to speak with someone else tomorrow. After Internet searching, it does seem like the laws are a little wacky and vary by county.

Fort Collins...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Liquor Laws

The only place in Ohio I have not been able to buy beer on a Sunday was downtown cinci, we had to go to Kentucky. The only place I have been able to buy liquor on a Sunday was Columbus, and this was a liquor store in the ghetto.

Cincinnati
reviews: 5
7. Re: Liquor Laws

Beer, wine and liquor sales begin at 10:00am. The store itself opens at 8:00.

8. Re: Liquor Laws

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 15, 2013