We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic weekend Nov. 30-Dec 2

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Romantic weekend Nov. 30-Dec 2

My husband and I will be in Cincinnati for business until Friday morning, Nov. 30. Actually staying in Covington. Since our anniversary is the next day, we'd like to stay and see the city and celebrate. Any recommendations for romantic dinner? How about shopping areas (not malls). We like cafe', boutique shops and art museums. We've never been to Cincinnati. Thanks!

Cincinnati
reviews: 5
1. Re: Romantic weekend Nov. 30-Dec 2

What kind of food do you like? Do you want to go somewhere casual or more formal? Would you like to be able to get a cab to the restaurant so you can have a few drinks? etc., etc.

Consult the "Things to Do" link in the upper left of this page to get some ideas then check back with any specific questions you might have. For starters the Cincinnati Museum Centerr, the Cincinnati Art Museum, the Taft Museum and the Contemporary Artss Centerr [misspelled to avoid the annoying and often wrongly assigned automatic links on tripadvisorr] are either in or near downtown.

You might also find a romantic themed event at the University of Cincinnati's College Conservatory of Music (they are very good). http://ccm.uc.edu/

Edited: 8:26 am, October 26, 2012
Cincinnati
reviews: 5
2. Re: Romantic weekend Nov. 30-Dec 2

Or at least to try to avoid them. The CCM link is from me ;)

Edited: 8:29 am, October 26, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 102
3. Re: Romantic weekend Nov. 30-Dec 2

I think the most romantic restaurant (although very pricey) is The Celestial. Enjoy your trip!

Hebron, Kentucky
reviews: 24
4. Re: Romantic weekend Nov. 30-Dec 2

You may want to check out Playhouse in the Park. A Christmas Carol is playing that Saturday (2:00 & 7:00 showtimes), and there are some nice restaurants in Mt Adams (Celestial being one of them) that are on the way. A short drive/cab ride from downtown or Covington, depending on your hotel that day.

Assuming you are dinner Friday night as well and don't want two really fancy dinners, you could look at Nada and the Moerlein Lager House for dinner and then drinks afterward. The Precinct (steakhouse) is also good, and you may want to look at restaurants in Bellevue as they have several more intimate places that are nice.

Will you have a car that weekend? If so, they are many more options for shopping and lunch that would be a pain to cab around to and from.

5. Re: Romantic weekend Nov. 30-Dec 2

Great suggestions! We will have a car, so any other suggestions would be appreciated. Looking forward to visiting, and we will take your advise on the restaurants for sure. Thanks so much!

Ohio
reviews: 19
6. Re: Romantic weekend Nov. 30-Dec 2

Sorry for the late entry - if you're still checking, I highly recommend this. Our anniversary is on the 3rd, and we always try to do this.

24th Annual Lebanon Carriage Parade & Christmas Festival

…metromix.com/events/…content

7. Re: Romantic weekend Nov. 30-Dec 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 03, 2013