We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Attractions?

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medina, Ohio
reviews: 27
Christmas Attractions?

I'm trying to decide on a Christmas attraction to do with my wife this year. Last year we went to Oglebay but this year we wanted to stay closer so I found two attractions in Cincinnati. The first one is called The Christmas Ranch and the second one is the festival of lights at the zoo. Can anyone give me any input on which one might be better to see? Or should I just do both since they are very close to one another? Thanks

Edited: 6:26 pm, October 20, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 36
1. Re: Christmas Attractions?

How about the horse drawn carriage parade in Lebanon, OH. Its the first weekend in December. Over 100 carriage pulled by all kinds of horses from the minature ones to the huge Clydesdales.

There is an afternoon parade and one in the evening. And they are free!

You could do this in the afternoon and go to the zoo's festival of lights in the evening.

Medina, Ohio
2. Re: Christmas Attractions?

That sounds good i'll do that. Thanks for the idea!

3. Re: Christmas Attractions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, October 22, 2012
Edited: 4:35 pm, October 22, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Re: Christmas Attractions?

Check out CincinnatiUSA.com for tons of holiday ideas in the area. Some other biggies are Cincinnati Ballet's "The Nutcracker" (very fun and upbeat) and Playhouse in the Park's "A Christmas Carol." Plus, ice skating down on Fountain Square and Holiday Junction featuring the Duke Energy Holiday Trains at the Cincinnati Museum Center.

Just a few ideas!

We hope you enjoy your visit!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5. Re: Christmas Attractions?

There are also lots of fun antique shops in Lebanon to browse through if you go up for the parade. And lots of food vendors with yummy treats!

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 97
6. Re: Christmas Attractions?

I live in Cincinnati and have never heard of the Christmas Ranch! I'll have to look into that.

I highly recommend the Festival of Lights at the zoo - it's spectacular. As is Holiday Junction at the Museum Center. Another good holiday event is the live nativity at the Krohn Conservatory. Enjoy!

Medina, Ohio
7. Re: Christmas Attractions?

Thanks for all the suggestions? I will have a few days to relax so at this point I plan on stopping by Lebannon first to see the carriage parade then heading to Cincinnati for the zoo lights in the evening. I haven't decided if we'll go skating or see the nut cracker though. Then the next day probably stop by the Christmas Ranch on the way home.

I just don't know if we should stay the night in Cincinnati or Lebannon for the small town charm?

8. Re: Christmas Attractions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 24, 2013