We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indoor Winter Wedding Picture Locations

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dent, Ohio, United...
Indoor Winter Wedding Picture Locations

I am getting married December 1 of this year. Our wedding is at 2pm on the west side of town on NorthBend Road. We are looking for a backup picture location in case the weather is too cold or there's precipitation. Right now, we plan to have pictures taken before the ceremony at Spring Grove Cemetery; however, we need a backup, indoor, picture location.

I've read about Eden Park, Krohn Conservatory, Cincinnati Art Museum, Macy's downtown... we're looking for a place where they won't charge us.

Can anyone offer suggestions?!?! Thanks in advance!

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 26
1. Re: Indoor Winter Wedding Picture Locations

How many people are going to be in the pictures? Knowing how many people there are does effect your choice of location. If its only a few, its easier and less obtrusive to take the picutures.

I've seen a wedding picture taken on one of the skywalks downtown. Very informal with the city streets as a background.

Dent, Ohio, United...
2. Re: Indoor Winter Wedding Picture Locations

I have 6 bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen. Plus my fiance and I want to do a "reveal" privately first.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 26
3. Re: Indoor Winter Wedding Picture Locations

Have you checked with the places that you mentioned about their fees?

There is the problem that you might plan on a free place and find that someone else is using it. If the place is public, you also have the problem of people traipsing through your photo shoot.

If you are already planning on going to Spring Grove, take a look at some of the buildings there. Some have covered porticos that might work for a photo shoot but, again, you may have the problem that the place will be in use.

Cincinnati
reviews: 5
4. Re: Indoor Winter Wedding Picture Locations

You might do a tour of the University of Cincinnati for some possible backdrops for the big shootout.

cincinnati, ohio
reviews: 83
5. Re: Indoor Winter Wedding Picture Locations

Krohn would be my immediate response - and it may be free. Call the Park Board in Eden Park and check. Their Christmas display will most likely be up then, if if a small honorarium is required.

Mount Echo, Ault Park and several others also have large pavilions -free of charge - but not inside per se but covered as alternatives.

Museum Center's Rotunda is also possible - you may need to arrange it in advance.

Congrats!!!

6. Re: Indoor Winter Wedding Picture Locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 15, 2013