We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins for large group near Cinci

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 2
Cabins for large group near Cinci

Each my year, my group of 10-15 friends rents a cabin in Hocking Hills. This year, we're looking to keep it a little closer to home here in Cinci. Are there other destinations within 60-90 minutes of Cinci that rent large cabins like they do in Hocking Hills?

The trip would be sometime in late October / early November if that matters.

Thanks!

Cincinnati
reviews: 5
1. Re: Cabins for large group near Cinci

In the middle of a densely populated area yet also in a large park with hiking and biking trails and a lake is Winton Woods campground. greatparks.org/recreation/camping/winton-woo…

"Local park visitors and out-of-town campers alike are sure to be impressed with the new and improved Winton Woods Campground. Whether you’re enjoying a simple overnight camp-out or a week-long stay, Winton offers an array of amenities with 123 sites, including eight large deluxe cabins that sleep up to six. Each cabin includes a kitchen, bathroom, heat, air-conditioning, linens, dishes, cookware, a television, wood deck, picnic table and fire ring."

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 2
2. Re: Cabins for large group near Cinci

I agree with NatiDaddy. Try Winton Woods. It's the only place I can think of. On Halloween, most of the campers really decorate their sites. It's fun to walk around and look at them.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 36
3. Re: Cabins for large group near Cinci

General Butler State Park at Carrollton, KY

cincinnati, ohio
reviews: 96
4. Re: Cabins for large group near Cinci

Hueston Woods outside Oxford has a lodge and cabins - you'll need to check to see if they can accommodate.

Brookville Lake/Franklin county may have something, perhaps a B&B you can take over the house.

General Butler State Resort Park (KY) has a great lodge but I cann't remember any cabins -you can call their 800 number. Also, BlueLicks has two two bedroom cabins you can ask about at the same time. All Ky state park have FABULOUS dining!!

If you've driven 168 miles to Nelsonville/Hocking Valley for this type of trip, Indiana Brown County, Red River Gorge, and Lexington Horse Country are always an option.

Good Luck!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5. Re: Cabins for large group near Cinci

At General Butler, the accommodation is called a "cottage" rather than a cabin.

…ky.gov/parks/…reservations.aspx

cincinnati, ohio
reviews: 96
6. Re: Cabins for large group near Cinci

Reaally? What's the difference??

Cincinnati, Ohio
7. Re: Cabins for large group near Cinci

Bassbum, "cottage" is the word used in on the park's website.

Chula Vista...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 102
8. Re: Cabins for large group near Cinci

I was thinking that there might be some cabins within Clifty Falls State Park near Madison, IN, but there's not. There's just the inn (which has suites).

In my Google results, however, there were a couple of cabins nearby that you may want to check out:

…usatoday.com/cabins-near-clifty-falls-india…

Hope that helps.

9. Re: Cabins for large group near Cinci

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 16, 2013