We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
owensboro ky
reviews: 2
Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

We are planning a family week-end on March 29 - April 1. We have 4 & 6 yr. old children. We would like to go to the Zoo & Aqaurium. Looking for a clean, safe hotel with a indoor pool. This will be our first trip there. Any suggestions on what else to do with kids ? Hotels & restaurants ? Thanks...

Cincinnati, OH
1. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

The (Hilton) Hampton Inns on the Riverfront and near the University of Cincinnati & Zoo both have indoor pools. The Childrens Museum in Museum Center is also very fun for kids that age.

Edited: 8:09 pm, March 12, 2012
owensboro ky
2. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

Thank you Imager !!!

Columbus, OH
reviews: 105
3. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

Embassey suites downtown Covington is where we stay when we travel to Cincy with our kids. Close to Newport on the levie, free hot breakfast, free cocktail hour, indoor pool, great river views.

Kentucky
reviews: 14
4. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

The Aquarium is located at Newport on the Levee where you will also find a bowling alley, movie theatre, book store, shops, and a handful of restaurants, including my family's favorite: Dewey's Pizza. Next to the Levee is the Purple People Bridge, a pedestrian-only bridge that spans the Ohio River. On the Ohio side is a very nice, scenic park with a great playground, walkways along the river and plenty of open spaces for running around, tossing ball, etc.

The Krohn Conservatory in Eden Park (in Cincinnati) is a place my children alway enjoyed visiting. Eden Park itself is a lovely place, also. It's located 3 miles from the Covington Embassy Suites.

Cincinnati Fire Museum,

315 West Court Street, Cincinnati

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 37
5. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

Take a look for things going on in the Hamilton County, Ohio parks.

www.greatparks.org

By the way, if they are open for the season, you can rent pontoon boats and peddle boats at Winton Woods. Parky's Farm is a lot of fun with its indoor play barn. Parky's is open year round.

Also, at Glenwood Gardens, there is Highfield a children's discovery center.

There are events every weekend at the parks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 89
6. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

Hi, nancycinti, I often walk at Glenwood but just visited the children's discovery center there last summer for the first time; I was very impressed with it.

Note for visitors that it is about 14 miles north of downtown Cincinnati (Exit 14 off of I-75). However, there is a cluster of reasonably-priced nicely-maintained hotels right off the next interstate exit (15), so convenient if you are staying int that area off of Sharon Road. Just check out the cluster of Cincinnati hotels up in that area on this website.

Edited: 1:39 pm, March 28, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 37
7. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

Cinti, the Hamilton County Parks are real jewels and the programs can be very interesting. Have you gone to Ferbach-Warner? It has a very nice flat, paved walking path that is great for baby strollers and wheelchairs. The park itself is very small but they do have some nice programs ex. see the raptors up close.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 89
8. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

Not yet; we usually go to either Sharon Woods, Glenwood Gardens or the Gorman Farm, all pretty close by. I love the Glenwood Gardens three-mile loop. When we are more ambitious driving-wise, we go to the Cincinnati Nature Center.

Cincinnati
reviews: 45
9. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

I agree with Teehan's post.

Stay in Covington. There you have fairly quick access to the interstate to get over to the zoo (one of my favorite places). And the aquar. is a short 1 or so miles away ...depending on where you stay.

Also, parking is much cheaper in Covington and you'll get fantastic views of the Cinci skyline.

I also think Covington /Newport area is more kid and family friendly with regard to night time activities...Newport on the levee restaurants (mmm...Dewy's Pizza) and entertainment ..and yes a walk across the purple people bridge to Sawyer Park is free and fun.

Eden park overlook and the Conservatory are some other things that are fun to do and kids enjoy (though its $3 dollars to get into the conservatory now (was free)..I think they have the butterfly show coming up soon - it runs a couple of months).

10. Re: Family Looking for a Week-end of Fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, June 18, 2013