We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cincinnati Zoo

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
reviews: 14
Cincinnati Zoo

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice hotel/motel near the Cincinnati Zoo? We are looking for a nice clean place with good rates and preferably with some good restaurants nearby.

Cincinnati
reviews: 5
1. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

marriott.com/hotels/…

This (above) is a conference/business hotel within walking distance of the zoo and walking distance or a quick bus ride or easy driving distance from multiple restaurants.

Indiana
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
2. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

Thank you so much. I have done research on the internet and couldn't find anything closer than 2-3 miles.

cincinnati
reviews: 7
3. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

You might think about staying in downtown Cincinnati. It's only a ten minute drive to the zoo, and there are lots more restaurants and whatnot downtown. (Or, stay across the river by Newport on the Levee, which has some good restaurants, a Barnes and Noble, and a great but pricey aquarium. You could stay at the Comfort Suites. Avoid the Travelodge).

Near the zoo is University of Cincinnati, which leads to lots of college-town places (rowdy, low-rent, bars). Some areas near the zoo are not very "good" areas. The zoo is awesome and safe, but I don't know that I'd stay near the zoo.

Indiana
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
4. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

Thanks Angie. We'll check these places out.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 45
5. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

I work right by the zoo and we have a lot of consultants coming in from out-of-town to work. Usually, our company has them stay at a hotel in Covington across the river. It's very close to the zoo though you would have to either drive or take a bus. Angie is also right about Newport on the Levee with everything she said. The Marriott the other poster mentioned is within a mile of the zoo and should be a nice hotel. Other than that, though there aren't any hotels within walking distance.

Cincinnati, Ohio
6. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

I forgot to mention that there is also a brand-new Hampton Inn built within a mile of the Cincinnati Zoo as well. It's just a block away from the Marriott. It looks very nice since it was just built. It is open for business.

As far as restaurants go, there is a nice restaurants down the road on Ludlow called Olives. There are some ethnic restaurants on that same strip of Ludlow as well as a Subway, Dewey's Pizza, and a Skyline Chili. Up by University of Cincinnati are some restaurants like Panera, Chipotle, Pomodori's Pizzaria (highly recommended because they have good wood-fired pizza and good salads).

Edited: 3:18 pm, June 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
7. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

If you're willing to drive 10 minutes away there is also plenty of nice restaurants in Norwood specifically in the Rookwood Commons and Rookwood Pavilion outdoor shopping malls. This is a nice area with restaurants such as PF Changs, Max & Ermas, J. Alexanders, First Watch, Buca DiBeppo. etc. Not positive but there might be a hotel there too since it's right off of the I-71 interstate.

Indiana
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
8. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

Thank you Alpine79. 10 min. isn't too far for me to drive for a really nice restaurant. We appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Cleveland
reviews: 25
9. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

Many believe that Dewey's Pizza is the best pizza chain in Ohio. First Watch is a good breakfast place and actually is only open for breakfast and lunch.

Skyline Chili is a Cincinnati institution and very much a fast food operation; it's a chain concentrated in the Cincinnati region and hasn't gained much traction outside the Queen City. I greatly enjoy Skyline Chili, but I know several individuals who don't share my enthusiasm.

Have a great time!

10. Re: Cincinnati Zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 04, 2012