We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relocating to cincinnati

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 1
relocating to cincinnati

Hi,

I live in New Jersey, and I'm looking into possibly relocating to Cincinnati. Can anyone recommend any areas of the city to purchase a reasonably priced home? I will also consider areas outside the city.

Also, what are the winters like? Do you get a lot of snow there?

Thanks

Over-the-Rhine...
21. Re: relocating to cincinnati

In my opinion, the descriptions of neighborhoods in this thread are fair. Of course, "reasonably priced" means different things to different people. But from my point of view, the homes in Oakley and Hyde Park are not reasonably priced. Instead, I would consider Pleasant Ridge or Walnut Hills by Eden Park (predominantly townhomes). Can't speak for suburban areas... Great to have you in the area!

Somewhere on the...
22. Re: relocating to cincinnati

If I was you m07801,I would rent a place short term until you get a feel for the city.

Crime does run wild in some of the above mentioned areas.

As far as price goes I'm sure real estate values are higher in N.J.,so you will find a place here to your liking.

I prefer living in the suburbs.With our highway system you can be anywhere in town within 30 minutes.

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 2
23. Re: relocating to cincinnati

CDMoving:

You say you are moving here "for a job this summer." Is this a permanent move, or just a temporary one for the three month summer period?

If it's a permanent move, I second the suggestion to rent for a while (like 6 months to a year) so that you can learn the city before you make such an important choice as to where to buy a house and live permanently.

If it's just for a few months over the summer, then it's perfectly fine to ask about places you might want to look for a rental. But you should specify whether you'd want an apartment, condo/townhouse, or single family detached house to rent. Then people could give you more specific recommendations. You say he'll be working "at the hospital." Well that narrows it down to about 50 places. Do you know what hospital or neighborhood? There is a big cluster of several hospitals in the Clifton/University area, along Taft / McMillan roads. Would it be one of those?

For a job, you can apply online to P&G at their web site but your chances of landing a job there are pretty slim. If you're looking for temporary employment, you might try a temp agency like ADDECCO, which I know P&G uses. You might even try them if you're looking for a permanent position but need some income until you get one. If you have computer expertise you might try a computer contacting agency like Compuware or CapGemini.

24. Re: relocating to cincinnati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 22, 2009