We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling mom and son to Museums

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
traveling mom and son to Museums

Where is a good safe place to stay that is near by the Museums? Is there anything walking distance ( less then few blocks). Is the Zoo a better place and what hotel is the best to stay at? We want to visit at the end of October.

Mason, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 23
1. Re: traveling mom and son to Museums

I would not suggest any hotels that are within walking distance to the muesum or zoo.If you want to save money on lodging i would suggest staying in the suburbs.The hotels downtown are over priced in my option.If you need any other help with lodging questions or etc. i would be glad to help.

Indiana
2. Re: traveling mom and son to Museums

The main importance to me is that my son and I have a good safe time together. It is just us and I am not a city person however, I know he would love going. I dont need budget hotels but dont mind them.. indoor pool is a must ( he is a water baby). I was told the traffic , driving around there is not much worse than Indy, if that is true I will be fine. Sweetiepie thank you for any help you can give.. We have visited the aquirum years ago and stayed in KY but we did not go any farther. So do i need to plan on "cabbing it" to be safer? What would be a fun hotel for my 10year old son?

Mason, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 23
3. Re: traveling mom and son to Museums

Most of the hotels near the museums or the zoo are not in good parts of town.Kings Island amusement park is open at the end of October on Saturdays and Sundays if you want to go there.They have a cool Trick or treating thing set up for the kids.My son loves going every year.I do not think driving is bad at all in Cincinnato except during thru the week at rush hour.I think you will be fine with driving yourself.The most beautiful hotel is the Hilton Netherland Plaza.My favorite hotel in the surburbs is Wingate Inn in West Chester,Ohio(20 min.drive to zoo)and a cheaper fun place Holiday Inn I-275 in Sharonville,Ohio.If you want to stay in Covington,Kentucky I like Embassy Suites and Radisson The hotel is round close to the River with a great restaurant on top.If you need any other help let me know.Have a great trip.

Cambridge, MA
reviews: 11
4. Re: traveling mom and son to Museums

There's nothing in the immediate area of the Museum Center as far as hotels go, but it's not far from downtown. The downtown Ramada is just a couple of exits down I-75 from there. In theory it's walkable to the Museum Center from the Ramada, but I don't recommend it. The area on the west side of the expressway (hotel and Museum Center side) is all businesses and storage facilities, while across the road there's mostly public housing.

Similarly with the zoo, there's a new Holiday Inn Express at the Mitchell Ave exit off I-75. Whether there's an indoor pool there or not I couldn't say, but you'd be only about a mile from the zoo. Here again, though, the trip could be made on foot (particularly in nice weather, not unknown in Cincy around Halloween) but is a tad bit risky. Along Mitchell and then for a few blocks south on Vine St, the neighborhood is OK if slightly shabby, but the farther along Vine you go the more rundown it gets. The streets bordering the zoo range from well-kept to grungy. But you'd be OK making the trip by car.

Staying in suburbia - in Ohio or Kentucky - would still put you within about a half-hour's drive of either of those attractions.