We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA
Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

I am coming to Cincinnati for the first time in October for the Bengals/Steelers game. I have heard such wonderful things about your great city and I cant wait for the trip. A couple of questions:

Where is the best place to stay withing walking distance to the stadium?

I would also like to stay at a place where we can walk to a sports bar/pub. Not into the techno dance clubs. I would like to meet some Bengals fans as I have a great deal of respect for them and their up and coming team. I am not a troublemaker Steeler fan as I know there are many of them. I just enjoy football.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I eagerly await for a response.

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 25
11. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Oh, no! The world is simply changing too fast! Talk about killing traditons!

Pittsburgh, PA
12. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Thank you for all of the guidance and insight all of you have offered me. After some researching there are many hotels sold out for the weekend of Oct 21-23. Hyatt has some rooms, Westin, but Hampton in Covington is sold out, Embassy suites sold out. Ill find a nice place to stay. GO STEELERS!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
reviews: 68
13. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Hey Golfer, just found out the hubby and I are coming to the Burgh for opening gameday on Sept 11. My cousin and his wife have season tickets and have invited us. I'd love to take them out to eat the night before to show our appreciation. Any suggestions?

Pittsburgh, PA
14. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Does your cousin live in Pittsburgh? It also depends if you want to go downtown and eat, or eat in the suburbs. Do you want a formal atmosphere, or a more casual place. Let me give you some ideas downtown:

Rolands Seafood in the Strip district- casual and always good crowd.

In Station Square/Southside: Hard Rock Cafe, Joes Crab Shack, Houlihans, Pittsburgh Rare, Marios, Fatheads. If you like sushi/Japanese then try Nakama Japanese restaurant and sushi bar.

Waterfront in Homestead- Rockbotton, Dave and Busters, Mitchells Fish market, Pizzaria Uno, PF Changs Chinese Bistro, Bar Louie.

All of the above are casual places but very good food.

If you are looking for a semi-formal atmosphere, I definitely recommend Mallorca, a spanish restaurant in the Southside. Outstanding food, pricey but worth it. It is right on East Carson St, which is the main drag on the southside. After dinner one has a choice of many casual bars to hang out at, or catch a movie in the new Southside Works.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
15. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Thanks for the suggestions. It sounds like the Waterfront on Homestead is a lot like Newport on the Levee in northern KY. Some of the same restaurants, and the others we all have here in Cinci. Southside sounds very promising though. I think we will try to check that out. My cousins wife and I are both pregnant, so we'll probably stay away from the bar and sushi scene. However, my husband and my cousin will want to have a good time without us dragging them down too much.

I want to say they live in New Kensington? Not sure though, but that sticks out in my head.

I've been to the Strip district before and we ate at a 2 story restaurant with an outdoor balcony for dining and I had a grilled tuna sandwich which was very good. this was 3 years ago though, could that have been Rolands?

Is tailgating pretty big in Pittsburgh? It is here, just curious. I'm just excited to go to a game when it isn't freezing outside.

Pittsburgh, PA
16. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

The place you ate at sounds like Rolands. It is two stories with an outdoor deck on the second floor. Yes, the Waterfront is very nice with lots to do.

New Kensington is not a far drive from downtown Pittsburgh... maybe 20-30 minutes.

Tailgating is HUGE in Pittsburgh. Parking lots open at 8 am and there are lines waiting to get in. Parking around the stadium are reserved for season ticket holders with very few open to the public. Many people go down to tailgate without planning on going to the game. Its a great atmosphere. There are also a couple of sports bars close to the stadium where many people hang out before going to the game. Just to let you know that try to get inside the stadium fairly early. The Heinz Field security personnel will pat down everyone that enter the field. Sometimes it takes 30-45 minutes just to enter the stadium. Female fans have their own seperate line where female security guards will do the searching. Tennessee game should be a great one.

I have tailgated at numerous stadiums around the country and Pittsburgh definitely ranks tops in atmosphere. I am looking forward to a little Cincy tailgating. Enjoy the game. Any other questions please feel free to post!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
17. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

i will Golfer, thanks for your help. Interesting about Heinz field security. I'm excited about tailgating, even though I can't drink right now, should be a good time. Enjoy Cinci tailgating, it's big here too, lots of brats on the grill. It gets crowded down there, and rowdy. If you're going to be wearing Pitt paraphanalia, be prepared to get heckled....a lot. My husband did last year. I did too and I wasn't even wearing Steelers or Bengels colors (I don't like the Bengels, I'm a Browns fan). You should find some Bengels fans who will let you play Cornhole with them, and when driving through the lots try not to get hit by a stray beanbag. I'm just looking forward to stocking up on Yuengling, which you can only buy in a few eastern OH cities. But no beer sales on Sunday, right? Thanks again for your help!

Pittsburgh, PA
18. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

I dont mind getting heckled....my wife will be with me so it may not be as intense. I just dont want to get beer thrown on me (unless its coors lite). I usually just ignore heckling fans, or try to befriend a few bengal fans while walking into the stadium.

I suggest buying the beer on Saturday. Unlike Ohio, Pa does not seel beer in convenience/grocery stores. Beer can be purchased on Sundays in a bar where they sells six packs. But it cannot be purchased until 11 am.

Have fun!!!