We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA
Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

I am coming to Cincinnati for the first time in October for the Bengals/Steelers game. I have heard such wonderful things about your great city and I cant wait for the trip. A couple of questions:

Where is the best place to stay withing walking distance to the stadium?

I would also like to stay at a place where we can walk to a sports bar/pub. Not into the techno dance clubs. I would like to meet some Bengals fans as I have a great deal of respect for them and their up and coming team. I am not a troublemaker Steeler fan as I know there are many of them. I just enjoy football.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I eagerly await for a response.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
reviews: 65
1. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Hello there Steelers fan. I think you'll enjoy your trip to the queen city. My husband is a huge Steelers fan, and he's mostly been treated well by most Bengals fans (there's always a few spoilers) while we've lived here. he went to the game here last year and said there was just as much black and gold as there was orange in the stadium, like Cinci is Pitts home away from home.

Hotels, check out some of the other postings on this site, there are a lot of reccomendations. There are plenty within walking distance or a short cab ride/bus ride away on either side of the river. although i think KY is a bit cheaper. if you want a sports bar that serves awesome food (great prices and HUGE portions), you have to try Martino's at 2618 Vine St. it is right next to UC's campus but it is a Steelers Bar. That's where we go every Sunday to watch the games, packed with Steelers fans. but, i'm sure you can find plenty of Steelers fans in Pittsburgh so if that's not your cup of tea and you want to experience Cinci food and Bengals fans, go to Burbanks BBQ in Sharonville and sit at the bar. Great food and lots of Cinci pride. also try Champs, which is on W 5th St and is attached to the Hyatt, or Montgomery Inn boathouse on the river or the Rock Bottom Brewery in Fountain Square.

Mason, Ohio
reviews: 23
2. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Hi golfer1, Here is what I suggest.If you want to get by with as little walking as possiably than i recommend this.Stay at the Hampton INN on 200 Cresent Ave. in Covington.The Hampton Inn is right by Willie's Sports Bar.They have a free shuttle to the stadium.The bar is awesome it has tons of Cincinnati sports stuff and 43 t.v's.The food is not that bad either.The bar is open to 2:30 am for you guys.The hotel is also close to many liquor stores and fast food.Here is a website to look at www.cinweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article… If you have any other questions let me know I would be happy to help.Have a great trip.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
3. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

I've never been, but I've heard Willie's is loads of fun.

Pittsburgh, PA
4. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Thank you for the input. Ive been doing some researching into the area hotels and Im sure Ill find a good deal. Also, does Cincinnati have any local food traditions? For example, Pittsburgh is famous for its Primantis sandwiches.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
5. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Golfer, what's in a Primanti? I've heard about them, and my husband can't remember what's in them. Isn't that the sandwich where the fries and slaw are on the sandwich?

Anyway, Cinci food is very german, but we have our own special BBQ as well. Montgomery Inn and Burbanks are famous for ribs and pulled pork (I prefer Burbanks). Also, goetta, which is a german meat blend that just about anything can be made out of, there was just a Goetta Festival a couple of weekends ago, and that's the only time of year i eat it, I'm not real sure what restaurants offer it year around.

German restaurants, BBQ, Graeters ice cream, Skyline Chili and LaRosa's pizza are all Cincinnati favorites.

Pittsburgh, PA
6. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Irish-

Primantis is the name of the restaurant but the sandwiches are made on italian bread with fries and sandwich cole slaw (not mayo based) You can have any type of meat on it. Here is a link to thier website. Granted it may not look good but it is an outstanding sandwich. I usually get the cheesesteak.

http://www.primantibros.com/

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 2
7. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

I'm not sure of your definition of best. There are many nice hotels within a 15 minutes walk. In Cincinnati, the Hyatt and the Westin. In Kentucky, the Marriott and Radisson and others. Standard hotels like you've seen before. If you want a very nice hotel with lots of historic flavor, your best bet is the Hilton Netherlands. http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=Z2UIMK3NQKAOWCSGBIW222QKIYFCVUUC?ctyhocn=CVGNPHF A very elegant grand hotel in the old posh, ornate tradition. Another unique and elegant one a little further away is the 4 star, 4-diamond Cincinnatian Hotel http://www.cincinnatianhotel.com.

Local food traditions are mostly German with Brats and Metts a big one but mostly available during the numerous food festivals. Others are Montgomery Inn (ribs, steak, seafood), Mike Fink (riverboat with nice view of downtown), Graeters Ice Cream, La Rosa's pizza, Skyline (Cincinnati style chili), etc. The revolving restaurant at the top of the Radisson in Covington is very nice.

California
reviews: 13
8. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

I stayed at the Hyatt, don't stay there, it's a dump. There's an Embassy Suites in Covington, KY, that place looks alot newer.

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 25
9. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

don't mean to start a food fight, but as a former Cincinnatian (born and raised type),but great as Graeter's is, I love Aglamesis Brothers on Madison Road. It's the most overlooked "cincinnati food" in town.

And for Cincinnati chili, Skyline is simply king!

For great corned beef - it's Izzy's in downtown

For barbeque it's the Montgomery Inn

and for fine dining the winner is still The Maisonette

Go Bengals!

Darke Co. Ohio
reviews: 39
10. Re: Steeler fan coming to Cincinnati

Hate to tell you this but the Maisonette is closed and is in the process of moving to Kenwood.