We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B & B

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Champaign, IL
Hotel or B & B

We will be coming to Cincy area in a couple of weeks and after reading some of the posts on here, I'm a little frightened.

I have noticed how seriously expensive some of the hotels are and I've also noticed some B & B's in the area. Where would you suggest we go (2 adults, 1 kid) and where. Is Covington, KY a good place as others have said or should I go even further from Cincy.

The event I'm going to is in Covington, KY but I'm sorta flexible.

Mason, Ohio
reviews: 23
1. Re: Hotel or B & B

If you looking for a nice hotel in Covington I would suggest Embassy suites or the Radisson.They are both nice.I would suggest Newport on The Levee.They have a lot to do as well as a Aquiruim.Does the child like Amusement rides?Kings Island would be fun.The Cincinnati zoo is also one of the best in the country.If you have any other questions let me know.I would be glad to help.

Philpot
reviews: 1
2. Re: Hotel or B & B

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Covington on my last two visits. Very nice and easy to get to. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. The TANK bus has a stop right outside the hotel entrance. I use the TANK bus to go everywhere.

California
reviews: 13
3. Re: Hotel or B & B

I was just in Cinncy about two weeks ago. Covington is like a spit across the bridge. I think there is a bus which brings you back and forth to downtown Cincy. There is a ice ream shop on Fourth in Cincy which is pretty famous, but there was nothing else downtown, lotsa vacant store fronts with a small upscale shopping area. Good Luck.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 3
4. Re: Hotel or B & B

Hi I live in Cincinnati suburbs.

Your best bet is to stay in the Northern Kentucky area.

Downtown Cincinnati hotels are nice, expensive and offer off the street parking but there really isn't much to see or do downtown for a family. Singles and couples, that is another story (arts centers the Aronoff..etc..).

You don't have to stay right on the river front (Embassy Suites). You could go a little further south on 75 and stay in the Florence area. There would be more food options and cheaper hotels. The drive is extremely easy since both are only 5-10 minutes apart and right off the interstate.

The Aquarium and Newport on the leevee are really nice attractions. The Aquarium can be expensive though (I think it's around $16 or so for an adult- ask the hotel if there are any local discounts going on - Sometimes Local Kroger stores will have $3 off discount tickets).

Also, the Cincinnati Zoo (maybe 15 - 20 minutes away off of 71

north or 75 north) is a great place for families. It is the second largest Zoo in the US. I would rather go here any day than the aquarium. Take a picnic lunch and turn right just as you go through the admission gate (in your car) follow the road until it ends and park in this lot. There is a shaded picnic area with restrooms and playground here. You can also access the zoo from this area.

Cincinnati is not as bad as national media reports have made it sound. Most areas that do experience the violence you will not be around. You will recongize that you are heading in the wrong direction in those areas before you ever get to where it's bad.

Have fun on your trip!

California
reviews: 13
5. Re: Hotel or B & B

Butter, I needed you advice three weeks ago. I ended up on Vine Street, 1600 block and oooppps.

Champaign, IL
6. Re: Hotel or B & B

Thanks for your suggestions. I probably won't go to the zoo or Kings Island as I am here for a wedding. But a phone call yesterday told me that the wedding party will be at the Courtyard by Marriot. What about this hotel. I have also thought about staying at the Weller Haus or something like that. Between those two what do you guys think?

I did see about the Riverboat cruises and they look interesting.

Mason, Ohio
reviews: 23
7. Re: Hotel or B & B

Which courtyard?The Riverboat rides are the best way to see The Cincinnati skyline.

Cincinnati, Ohio
8. Re: Hotel or B & B

It's probably just a matter of taste but I have never liked the riverboat cruises (and neither have my kids). But I do know other people who have. Food and drinks below par and to cruise on a muddy polluted river just isn't fun to me. But like I said I do know others who enjoy it. Maybe enquire with someone in the wedding party who lives here for an opinion

You could go to Newport on the Levee and still get the same wonderful view of the Cincinnati skyline. Also, Sweetpie is that big games place still on the levee? The kids might enjoy that.

Also for a fabulous view go up to Devoe Park (not sure I spelled that right) it is on the road behind the cork and bottle.

You could always walk around the Main Struas Village (that's in Covington). They have some quaint little shops. They also tend to have a lot of festivals (nice ones).

Cincinnati, Ohio
9. Re: Hotel or B & B

It's probably just a matter of taste but I have never liked the riverboat cruises (and neither have my kids). But I do know other people who have. Food and drinks below par and to cruise on a muddy polluted river just isn't fun to me. But like I said I do know others who enjoy it. Maybe enquire with someone in the wedding party who lives here for an opinion

You could go to Newport on the Levee and still get the same wonderful view of the Cincinnati skyline. Also, Sweetpie is that big games place still on the levee? The kids might enjoy that.

Also for a fabulous view go up to Devoe Park (not sure I spelled that right) it is on the road behind the cork and bottle.

You could always walk around the Main Struas Village (that's in Covington). They have some quaint little shops. They also tend to have a lot of festivals (nice ones).

Cincinnati, Ohio
10. Re: Hotel or B & B

Sorry, The Court Yard is OK. I have never heard of the Weller House.

B&B might be interesting there are a lot of restored old houses along the riverfront that are now B&B.