We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying @ Millenium This weekend...where to go for...

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Staying @ Millenium This weekend...where to go for...

We are from Louisville and coming up to Cinc for a night out. I got a deal on the Millenium that includes $100 to eat there. So to save $ we're going to stick with the Millenium, but where is "the place" to go on a Friday night in downtown Cinci or NKY? And with us being at Millenium what's the best way to get there if it's not in walking distance to our hotel? Hate to drive! Any help would be WONDERFUL. I've read some of the bad reviews on the hotel, so I'm done reading them as we're stuck with staying here, hopefully it will be good enough!

Mason, Ohio
reviews: 23
1. Re: Staying @ Millenium This weekend...where to go for...

I like Bar Louie on Newport on the Levee.You will love Newport On Levee.I would take a cab.It will not be that much.Jullians is also fun too.

Cambridge, MA
reviews: 11
2. Re: Staying @ Millenium This weekend...where to go for...

The downtown arts district (around 6th and Vine near the Aronoff Center), and Upper Main St in Over-the-Rhine, are two prime entertainment areas. Three of the good eating places in the former neighborhood are Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse, La Normandie, and the five-star French restaurant Maisonette. Main St draws a younger crowd with its trendy eating places, bars, and small clubs. Two more memorable dining establishments downtown are Izzy Kadetz's deli, and the one-of-a-kind Italian joint Scotti's at 919 Vine.

Downtown Cincinnati is easily walkable, with small city blocks. Streets running north are numbered starting at the river, with even-numbered addresses on the east side. Here's the way old-school Cincinnatians remember the order of the north-south streets downtown:

Big (Broadway)

Strong (Sycamore)

Men (Main)

Very (Vine)

Rarely (Race)

Eat (Elm)

Pork (Plum)

Chops (Central Ave.)

East-west streets start with 3rd, and go numerically up to 9th (with part of 8th also known as Garfield Place.) In place of a 10th St, there's Court St. 11th St doesn't exist, then Central Parkway runs in between 12th and 13th. Even-numbered addresses are on the north side of the street. Vine St is where crosstown streets change from West to East.

You'll find spirited differences of opinion over where the "best" places to go within a mile of the river on either side of it are.

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 2
3. Re: Staying @ Millenium This weekend...where to go for...

Spensworld:

You forgot Walnut Street. The correct mnemonic is "Big Strong Men Will Very Rarely Eat Pork Chops."