We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverbend Music Center -- Lawn Vs Pavilion

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 6
Riverbend Music Center -- Lawn Vs Pavilion

We are visiting Cincinnati in July, and just disovered there is a Toby Keith concert during our visit at the Riverbend Music Center (yea!). There is a huge difference in ticket prices between the lawn and pavilion - more than double.

Anyone have any experience at this venue? Would we be very sorry with lawn seats? I'm thinking that we wouldn't sit much during the concert anyhow, but I wonder if you can see anything.

cincinnati
reviews: 1
1. Re: Riverbend Music Center -- Lawn Vs Pavilion

You won't see much of the stage at all on the lawn (there are places you can see the stage but not many). You will however have the freedom to move around easily and mingle if you wish. They do have large screens so you can watch the show, I believe they have three of them. If it rains you will get wet. The pavillion is only good to go if you stay in your seat. They do not have any concessions or restrooms in the pavillion area. You would need to walk far to get to the nearest. You also have to show your ticket stub everytime you re-enter. If you aree looking for a party type atmosphere and not worried about seeing the show definately get lawn, It is lots of fun! If you are more worried about seeing the performance definately get pavillion.

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 2
2. Re: Riverbend Music Center -- Lawn Vs Pavilion

We had lawn seats for the Moody Blues a few years ago. We really couldn't see much unless we stood because of the people in front of us also standing. Eventually we got tired of standing and weaving and just laid down on our backs and listened to the music (instead of watching the band). I thought that if I went back I'd prefer seats, but I think they're a lot more expensive.

California
3. Re: Riverbend Music Center -- Lawn Vs Pavilion

Thanks so much for your advice! I think we'll accept the lawn and figure we are there for the atmosphere and music listening -- rather than concert watching. The price difference is $33 to $68, so that helps make up my mind too.

One more question if I can take advantage of you folks, we are staying at the Sheraton Four Points near the convention center. Looking at mapquest, seems like we are about 10 miles to the Riverbend Music Center. Are taxis readily available? Or should we plan to drive?

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 18
4. Re: Riverbend Music Center -- Lawn Vs Pavilion

I went to the Toby Keith Concert last year, had a blast on the lawn! Do not pay for umcomfortable seats, just bring your blanket and party. They do have big screen for the stage action. You will want to drive, from downtown take I471 into Kentucky and pick up I275 North into Ohio, 1st exit over the 275 Bridge is Riverbend. Be prepared to wait a while to get out of the parking lot after the show, unless you park close to the entrance. Hope you enjoy your trip, you may want to take a cab or bus over to Newport On the Levee one night, lots of great food and entertainment.

California
5. Re: Riverbend Music Center -- Lawn Vs Pavilion

Thanks so much for the suggestion of Newport On the Levee! This is shaping up to be a great trip, and we were just coming to town for my husband's trade show. We have Toby Keith one night, Reds vs. Cubs another night, and I'll add Newport On the Levee for our third night.

You guys are great! Looking forward to our trip.

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 2
6. Re: Riverbend Music Center -- Lawn Vs Pavilion

JLongo:

You can certainly get a taxi at the Sheraton. I think they hang out at hotels often but not always. Anyway, they can call one. But Cincinnati is not like NYC where available taxis just run up and down the roads all the time. I'm pretty sure you will not find one sitting at Riverbend hoping for someone who needs a ride so you'd need to arrange that in advance (but who knows exactly when the concert will end?) or call one from there. Then you might have to pay for them to drive out there and get you as well as after they pick you up. All in all, it might end up being the same cost as renting a car for the day. Renting a car would give you more flexibility in visiting the other Cincinnati sights. Things are scattered about -- it's not really a walking city.