We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th Anniversary Vacation

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Owensboro, KY
reviews: 2
July 4th Anniversary Vacation

Hi, We are celebrating our 30th anniversary (on July 5) with a vacation 4th of July week. I know this is probably a little late but is there any hotel that would have a good view of the fireworks. Something with a jacuzzi in the room would be nice but doesn't have to be fancy. Also planning on seeing the Newport Aquarium, maybe the zoo, so any hotel recommendations near them would be appreciated. Any events planned planned in the area for the July 4th week.

Thanks,

Karen

P.S. please excuse if this posted twice, I couldn't find it after the first time.

Cincinnati, OH
1. Re: July 4th Anniversary Vacation

I know of a Marriott and a Radisson (both in Covington KY) directly on the river where you could see the fireworks from your room, assuming your room was on that side of the hotel. There may be other hotels. In another post someone said that the Radisson has an executive suite with a jacuzzi but you need to call the hotel directly.

For events, try

http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/ (Official city website)

cincinnati-events.com/entertainment/events/

http://www.cincyusa.com/index.html

http://www.cincyplay.com/

cincinnatisymphony.org/Calendar/2005jul.asp

or the convention center at

www.cincinnati-oh.gov/entsrv/pages/-4832-/

Mason, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 23
2. Re: July 4th Anniversary Vacation

HI Karen,My choices are Embassy Suites Riverfront and Radisson Riverfront both are in Covington Kentucky.I know the Radisson has balconies but make sure it says Riverfront.Embassy I am not sure about but make sure you get riverview.(the ebassy has great packages deals).The fireworks this year are on July 3 on a Sunday.It is called All American Birthday www.foxcincinnati.com/aab/ I hope you have a great trip.Please let me know if you have any questions.I would be glad to help.

Owensboro, KY
3. Re: July 4th Anniversary Vacation

Thanks for the info. Would the view for fireworks be better from the Radisson or the Embassy? Looking at maps online the Radisson seems to set back farther off the river behind other hotels. Kind of hard to tell from the map. Also, would you advise staying in Covington when visiting the zoo, etc. in Cincinnati, or would the traveling back and forth be bad because of traffic? Thanks,

Karen

Mason, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 23
4. Re: July 4th Anniversary Vacation

The Radisson is set back a block or so of the river but like I said the have balconies as long as you get the Cincinnati skyline side.You should be able to view good from there.The Embassy suites sets right on the riverbanks.The view would be great if the have balconies but I am not sure if they do or not you may want to call to verify this.If not ask if they have a deck or something that you can view the river .The Radisson is very close to the highway.So i would just stay there to go to the zoo.If during the week it can be crowed on the highways around 3:30-6:30 or 7:00-9:00Am if you travel any other time you will be fine.THe Embassy is not far from the highway either.If you have any other questions just post.You may want to do a B&B riverboat cruise.It is a good way to see Cincinnati and is romantic too.

Cincinnati, OH
5. Re: July 4th Anniversary Vacation

The Fireworks take place in the river near the Serpentine Wall. Last time I went (and that was for the Riverfest Labor Day Fireworks, which is bigger, not the Fourth of July) they were shooting off two barges separated by a few hundred yards. The Radisson is about a half mile west of the center of the fireworks. The Embassy Suites is closer to the center of the action, but I think still a little bit west. Most people head down to the waterfront. Either on the Serpentine Wall area on the Cincinnati side or the Newport Levee flood wall (a big grass embankment). Sometimes it can be more fun to mingle with the locals rather than be alone in your room.

Staying in Covington would be fine. There is no substantial difference in travel time to the places you mentioned. Cinci and Covington are just across the Ohio River from each other. I wouldn't let traffic sway your decision on where to stay or visit.

Cambridge, MA
reviews: 11
6. Re: July 4th Anniversary Vacation

On and after July 5th you might run into rush-hour bottlenecks crossing the bridges to and from Cincinnati. A constant in life is afternoon delays on 75!

For staying on the Ohio side of the river without spending too much money, the downtown Ramada is close to the store and stadiums. To be near the zoo you can't beat the Holiday Inn Express at I-75 and Mitchell Ave, or the classic and classy Vernon Manor Hotel on Oak St near University Hospital.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 17
7. Re: July 4th Anniversary Vacation

One more suggestion, we have stayed at the Hannaford Suites in Newport. Phone # is 859-491-9600 It is an old school that has been renovated into suites, not your normal hotel, very old sschool and relaxed. The prices are good, they have a nice outside pool and you could make the short drive or take a cab to the riverfront for the fireworks. It is also very close to the Newport on the Levee complex, shops, food entertainment. have a great trip