We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare sale to HNL

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 1
Airfare sale to HNL

Just FYI:

Saw an ad in todays paper for ATA. (ata.com) They are having a sale on fares to/from HNL and the Mainland. Fares start at $179 each way to Seattle (189 SFO and LAX). Fares to east coast start at $269 each way. I checked HNL SFO for beginning of April and it was $396 w/taxes and fees. .

Fares are for if you travel before 5/25 and purchase before 3/14.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 39
1. Re: Airfare sale to HNL

That is pretty cheap.

I have only flown ATA once, from Michigan to Florida and I had no idea you could pack that many people on one airplane. I think there was like 6" between the back of one seat and the front of the next.

I guess if cost is a factor and not comfort this could be a good deal, unless ATA has changed things.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Airfare sale to HNL

Another problem with airlines like ATA (aside from the non-leg room and that hurts for someone tall like me!) is that they don't have alot of fleet like the majors do. If they have a problem with the plane -- it's not like one is readily available for you to move on to. That's really something to consider.

I do much better on a major (my personal fav is American Airlines with the extra room in coach!).

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 27
3. Re: Airfare sale to HNL

Good info, mrsfuzz. I've flown ATA from here, and i t wasn't glamourous, but I was glad to have the cheap tickets for my family of four. I have noticed that sometimes the airfare sales are posted inthe HAwaii newspapers but not here, so it's always good to have a heads up.

We purchased our June tix from Aloha when they were having a huge sale- I just hope they don't go belly-up before we get there.

Los Angeles
reviews: 45
4. Re: Airfare sale to HNL

From the west coast, you can find about the same deal on Hawaiian Airlines, which is much better than ATA.

5. Re: Airfare sale to HNL

Just booked a 7 day RT from Seattle to Honolulu on ATA for $335 (Total). Fortunately, the dates worked as they are very limited for the end of March

Las Vegas, Nevada
6. Re: Airfare sale to HNL

Dewtrell,

Depends on where you are flying to/from on the left coast. I have a trip w/Hawaiin into Sacramento that's 491 p/p. If I went ATA to SFO on the same dates, I'd save $100. But, already booked, and I hate going into SFO.......Besides, now I have so many HA miles, I get better perks flying w/them.

Anyway, didn't intend to start a who's better than who airline war conversation. Just giving the heads up to those who don't care but just want cheap as possible. Hopefully, other airlines will match fares.

Las Vegas, Nevada
7. Re: Airfare sale to HNL

mac,

They aren't glamorous which is probably why Southwest is now partners w/them. Many of the routes advertised as on sale w/ATA will actually be flown by SW. (have to read the fine print!)

Philadelphia...
reviews: 8
8. Re: Airfare sale to HNL

I didn't realize Southwest now partners with ATA. Southwest flys out of PHL now and maybe that's why I'm seeing alot more ATA listed flights coming out of here now!