We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honolulu and Maui Attractions

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carrollton, Texas
reviews: 1
Honolulu and Maui Attractions

I'll be traveling to Hawaii this summer. My 96 year old grandmother is coming with us and she really wants to see Don Ho. I know he's at the Waikiki Beachcomber hotel. Just want to know if anyone has been to his show and if it's worth the $50 dinner price.

Also, we will also be traveling to Maui halfway through our vacation. Any thoughts on luaus? I've read about the Polynesian Cultural Center, Paradise Cove, Germaine's and the Royal Hawaiian. Unfortunately, we arrive on a Tuesday and the next Monday we'll be in Maui, so the Royal Hawaiian is out. Any good luaus on Maui?

Thanks!

Canada
reviews: 7
11. Re: Honolulu and Maui Attractions

We saw the Hyatt Luau (Kaanapali)a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Our first choice was the Old Lahaina Luau as it came highly recommended as the most authentic and offered traditional (on the grass seating) as an option. I checked on line for the days we wanted and didn't book as it seemed unnecessary. Big mistake. WHen we arrived a few days later they were booked for at least 2 weeks straight and had 50 people on waiting lists for most evenings. It is considered more authentic than other shows and does not have some of the fire dances.

If you get the discount book that was mentioned - I believe there is a Marriott discount in it. We chose 'our' luau by walking along beach path/hotels a couple nights before hand and decided we liked the atmosphere and location of the Hyatt.

When are you going? We had very breezy, cool evenings (eventho it was very hot during the day). People were so cold they literally put their napkins around themselves if they had no sweater along.

They call people up to the stage for hula lessons (voluntary).

Hyatt was more expensive than the Marriott but on par with the Old Lahina Luau. THe latter has a great website.

Enjoy!

st. louis
12. Re: Honolulu and Maui Attractions

Germaine's would come in close second to Old Lahaina Luau. All of the rest won't compare. Book early for the Old Lahaina Luau, since it sells out months ahead. Another show your grandmother may enjoy is Warren and Annabelle's magic show. It is clean enertainment and is the most hilarious show I have ever seen, I almost lost my dinner. Most people haven't heard of it, which is a great shame. You can book it with or without dinner. Dinner at the show is worth the price.

Columbus, Ohio
13. Re: Honolulu and Maui Attractions

Mattassss - what island is the Warren and Anabelle show on? If it's on Oahu, where is it located?

Carrollton, Texas
14. Re: Honolulu and Maui Attractions

Thanks for the advice everyone... we decided to go with the one at the Hyatt Regency. The Old Lahaina was booked for the night we wanted. I appreciate knowing someone had a good experience there. We'll be going in June, but thanks for the heads up on the cool evening breezes. I'll make sure my mom, aunt, and grandmother bring sweaters. We're staying at the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua so the luau options near Lahaina were the best for us. I hope next trip we can stay near Waileia (sp?) for a southern Maui experience.

Cheers all,

Greg

st. louis
15. Re: Honolulu and Maui Attractions

warren and annabelle's is located in Lahaina, Maui.

www.warrenandannabelles.com

Michigan
16. Re: Honolulu and Maui Attractions

Does anyone know about the early bird snorkel with the spinner dolphins in Ohau. The tour company said they pick us up at 6am and take us out on a boat. Wild dolphins during feeding time with my family snorkeling around doesn't sound the safest.

If anyone has information about this I would appreciate it.