We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday Dinner

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 10
Birthday Dinner

My boyfriend and I are going on our first big vacation together and it's for his birthday. We've been together for less than a year and I want to do something special for a dinner. He's a really big foodie but hates chain restaurants. Any suggestions on romantic restaurants with great views that would do something special for a birthday?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
1. Re: Birthday Dinner

Hi, Neesh - welcome to TripAdvisor!

We talk about special occasion restaurants all the time ... so start scrolling down through the Oahu Forum. You'll find other helpful information as well.

It would help if we knew where you were staying.

Boston...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Birthday Dinner

We're staying at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. I should probably also add we're not overly fancy so anything that's requires a suit is probably too much.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
3. Re: Birthday Dinner

That's OK ... the last thing you want to pack for a trip to Hawaii is a suit ... unless it's a "bathing suit!"

I would have drinks and dinner at House Without a Key at Halekulani (hotel). It's an easy walk from your hotel.

Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 7
4. Re: Birthday Dinner

Well, I'm going to Waikiki for my birthday with my brother and his wife. We aren't foodies per se, but we like to eat at great restaurants. So I picked Michel's at the Colony Surf for my birthday, Orchid's at the Halekulani Hotel for my sister-in-law's birthday. Both get great reviews, have ocean views & perfect for a special occasion. All are reviewed with pictures here on TA under the restaurant tab. My brother wants to do a Luau for his birthday so we are doing the Hale Koa Luau. Other options would be Le Mer (very expensive, but perfect for a Foodie) at the Halekulani Hotel.Alan Wong's for Asian, DK's for Steaks at the Marriott. Ocean House at the Outrigger Reef is also popular and right on Waikiki Beach. I would highly advise you to make restaurants prior to your arrival In Hawaii especially if you want eat at sunset or weekend. Popular times at the higher quality restaurants tend to book up several weeks in advance.

5. Re: Birthday Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 21, 2014