We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Store

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
reviews: 11
Grocery Store

We will be coming to Oahu on July 13 - flight arrives at 6:56pm in Honolulu - and staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. What's the best place to pick up bottled water, milk, and a good selection of fruit? I'm looking for not only the fruit selection but good prices. Saw that there was a Walmart on the way, but then I saw lots of people commenting on the selection at the ABC stores. Any suggestions?

cape cod
1. Re: Grocery Store

The ABC stores are very convenient, easy to walk to, they're everywhere in Waikiki, and have all the basics. There's also farmers markets in the area too.

Edited: 4:56 pm, July 04, 2013
Lubbock, TX
reviews: 7
2. Re: Grocery Store

Waikiki's only grocery store is about a 5 minute walk. Turn right on Kalakaua out of the Outrigger, go left at Kaiulani (right before the 2-tower Hyatt), walk a long block to Kuhio, turn left and it's a half a block on your right.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 338
3. Re: Grocery Store

There are actually two grocery stores in Waikiki, both are Food Pantry's, the one on Kuhio and the one on Hobron Lane, but I'd make the effort to get to the Safeway on Kapahulu for the best selction close by.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
4. Re: Grocery Store

The Food Pantry on Kuhio would be much closer than the one on Hobron ... especially if you are walking. The best, closest full-service grocery store, as Scott said, is the Safeway on Kapahulu.

But it doesn't sound like you really need a grocery store ... but an ABC Store. From the Outrigger Waikiki, you can't swing a dead cat and not hit 6 or 8 ABC Stores (sorry, Fluffy!). There are at least 40 of them in the Waikiki District. They do have good prices on water and beverages of all kinds, mac nuts, snacks, chips, candy, fruit (often sliced for you), breakfast cereal, tons of souvenirs, sunscreen, you name it! Not all ABC's are exactly alike, but that's OK, as you can always find another one near by!

Seattle
reviews: 12
5. Re: Grocery Store

I get everything I need between the ABC Stores and Food Pantry on Kuhio.

With a few Farmers Markets thrown in (for great prices on fresh fruit go to Kings Village on Mon & Fri 4-7pm).

suze

Spring, Texas
reviews: 1
6. Re: Grocery Store

Do the ABC stores carry bread and lunch meat or peanut butter and jelly? We'd like to take some picnic lunches on some of our adventures. Thanks for the info.

Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 13
7. Re: Grocery Store

There is a nice ABC store right across the street from the Outrigger Waikiki. I am almost positive they sell bread, they seem to sell everything else in there.

Lagrangeville, NY
reviews: 26
8. Re: Grocery Store

Talking about jelly... Be sure to try guava jam. Yum!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 338
9. Re: Grocery Store

>>>Do the ABC stores carry bread and lunch meat or peanut butter and jelly? <<<

A lot of the ABC's stock different things based on the immediate area. My memory is yes, most carry those things, but rather limited choices. I'd be inclined to walk over to Food Pantry or Foodland at Ala Moana, depending on where you are staying. If you have a car, I'd just go to Safeway on Kapahulu.

Dallas
reviews: 18
10. Re: Grocery Store

ABC carries bread, lunch meat, peanut butter, jelly, chips, dips, prepared sandwiches, salads, even a great shrimp cocktails.