We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended hotels for family w/ young kids

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Recommended hotels for family w/ young kids

I'm thinking of staying in Honolulu for about a week in early January 2013 with a 6 and 9 year old. Any recommended hotels that's in a family oriented area and within walking distance to main attractions? Thanks for your input.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 27
1. Re: Recommended hotels for family w/ young kids

The Hilton Hawaiian Village is very popular with families because they have great swimming pools for the kids.

I am sure that would be a top spot for me if my kids were that young, but they are not .. so I tend to stay away from those places these days.

So have a look at their website. They are between the main Waikiki Beach and Ala Moana Shopping Mall .. which has a great big food court.

Here's a map for you to look at. The Hilton is Number 12 on the map.

discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html#

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 28
2. Re: Recommended hotels for family w/ young kids

Personally I like Waikiki Banyan.

Cheaper than HHV.

Closer to the zoo and aquarium.

They are full condo units........ and the amenities on the deck are amazing for a family.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 5
3. Re: Recommended hotels for family w/ young kids

We stayed at the Grand Waikikian at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, children were 4 and 6 at the time. They had a fantastic time there and talk about it all the time!!! They loved the super pool which has numerous waterslides.

It took us around half an hour to walk to Kalakaua Ave (where bulk of restaurants are) and about 15 minutes to walk to Ala Moana Shopping Centre.

The bus stop was also near by.

Can't comment on the kids club as my youngest was too young.

Enjoy!!!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
4. Re: Recommended hotels for family w/ young kids

I would stay at the Hyatt because of the kids' club and other amenities. Nice large rooms and excellent location. Across the street from the beach with an ubobstructed view.

Embassy Suites is great because you will get the extra space and breakfast! It's about 1/2 block from the beach in a great location.

Attractions? They are sprinkled all over - it's not like a theme park.

Please provide us with your nightly accomodations budget. That will help us help you.

California
reviews: 4
5. Re: Recommended hotels for family w/ young kids

The Sheraton Waikiki has exactly what you're looking for: great pools for kids (oyster.com/hawaii/…) plus a super-convenient location (unlike HHV) from which you could walk to the zoo and the aquarium.

(Don't confuse Sheraton Waikiki with Sheraton Princess Kaiulani. PK is a budget hotel with just a so-so pool.)

6. Re: Recommended hotels for family w/ young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 17, 2013